Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art July Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art Monthly Challenge and Chat!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    talisman

[FONT=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif,&quot][FONT=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif,&quot]July 2018 Challenge[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif,&quot][FONT=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif,&quot]
        [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]GUIDELINES:
        On the first of each month a subject, concept or idea will be posted in a thread entitled Fantasy Science Fiction Monthly Challenge and Chat.

All entries must be new original artworks for this challenge in any style or genre of Fantasy or Science Fiction done in any medium, 2D or 3D.
        Join in the discussion about the project – it’s friendly and fun to learn how others are coping/struggling/thriving!!! But no visual images! Help can be gained from asking but also from looking for resource materials elsewhere such as the Reference Image Library or best of all your own wonderful imagination!
        A ‘reveal’ date for all is 21th of the month – that gives us a little over 3 weeks to make the work, plus few extra days for latecomers, feel free to post till the end of the month, then a new Challenge will be posted.

Please post the finished artwork on this thread at that time.

[/FONT][/COLOR] The Challenge this month is “Inspired by a Dream”

[/SIZE]This Challenge was suggested by LavenderFrost.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
        C and C always welcome.
        My DeviantArt Gallery

Attalus

“Inspired by a dream?” Okay, let me think on’t

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

Oo that’s a good one.

I just saw Jurassic World. I loved it but I had dinosaur dreams all night.

Happy Canada Day!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

Greetings from the deep antipodean wild :)

Anyway, dreams, eh? This could go places. Mind you I played around certain ‘dream’ ideas before and posted to share:

Drover’s Dream

Now, …… let’s see what crazy notions I can spring on mere mortal Yankees and Northern Hemisphere dwellers.

CYA soon,
            BWAHAHAHAHA (wicked laughter echoes from Tasmania)

Artist, author, illustrator, publisher in Tasmania and South Australia

I like the sound of that, Pieter! I do enjoy a good helping of wickedness. :evil:

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

Attalus

Not a patch on Fuseli’s “Nightmare”. That is scary! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/392798398722949468/?lp=true

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

Hi team,

Dreams! I like the quirky. The insightful.
                Dreams do not need to be nightmares.
                Dreams can be fun too, colourful but spiced up a notch with a dash of anxiety.

A story by Tolkien called ‘Leaf by Niggle’ is like that. I relate to procrastination concepts and the added notion that art is a wondrous field to walk about into. Dreams are ambling rambles when gravity is lacking, allowing you to float in nonsense.

Gothic dreams are weighted to ruin your lunch. In my old village in Northern Europe hung Gothic lithographs featuring charming dudes like St. Gabriel with his flaming sword directing the traffic downwards to eternal damnation. Charming images to help little children dream the dream. I tell youse all that I’ve yet to recover from the exposure!!!

Cheers,
                Pieter Zaadstra

Well, it actually was the Archangel Gabriel. A very judgemental character. He hung in a Mennonite communal hall which tell you where my anachronism sympathies are.

I dream in colour. I think I do because I can explain in colour.
                Dreams can be monotone too.

I kinda like the black-n-white shows. Much drama like an Hitchcock movie.

I’ve chimed in and it appears to me I might hog the thread. So, I’m chiming out until the 21st or something. Hope everyone participates and quite curious to see the screening of ‘dreams’…

Meanwhile I’ll see about getting psychiatric assessments!

Cheers,
                Pieter Zaadstra

talisman

Pieter feel free to chat away on here, it gets weird and fun.
                    I love your “Drover’s Dream” artworks. They are wonderful!

C and C always welcome.
                    My DeviantArt Gallery

Well, thanks for the invite to chat away, talisman :)

You know, I got psychiatric assessments from a really cool Cabernet made by a friend in Coonawarra. Deepest red sentient flow. I found the bottom.

I also found solace by making passionate love to a Southern Vales Cab-Sav. Needless to say I groweth emotional.

Now, dreams! Go out and see the sights on Google and Bing et al. Do you notice anything?

I do. Where are earthy mushrooms?

What’s the point of dreams if the the aroma is plastic? ARGGGH! Anime sucks!

I realise it’s subjective, but I like scented subjectivity. The sullen Withywindle watering brooding willow roots. Ah! They don’t imagine like that anymore…

And with Anime heroic damsels swooning in fields of flowers made of polypropylene. Bah!

What about swooning in a field of Maggot’s finest mushrooms with slavering dogs drooling candles of foam. Yeah! That’s the inspirational thing before the darkness comes.

Good grief! Vivid stuph, eh?

What was I thinking when I added that idea? lol

Anyway, I’m back after having no internet for a few days. Son and I were lost lol.

I guess I better take part in this one. No ideas yet. I do have a lot of fantasy-like dreams influenced by video games, but my dreams, or my memory of them, are rarely very clear. And my dreams usually can’t stay on track very long and are constantly changing.

I’ve heard of people who dream in black and white and one day I was wondering if that had something to do with black and white television. When I was playing Minecraft a lot I started dreaming in squares.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                    Every painting is a new adventure.

Attalus

I dream constantly in color, I can’t remember having one in black and white. Like yours, they are formless and transient and seem to contain more nude females that would be considered quite right. :clear:

Attalus

What’s the point of dreams if the the aroma is plastic? ARGGGH! Anime sucks!

Word

talisman

I don’t remember my dreams either.

I do dream as I talk in my sleep and will answer questions, twice but if you ask a third time I will not talk again, or so I’ve been told. But if you change the subject I will continue to talk.

I’m glad I no longer sleep walk scary stuff that!
                                I do think this will be a fun challenge!

C and C always welcome.
                                My DeviantArt Gallery

talisman

Terry’s hip replacement is going to be this month.
                                    They are flying us out to California for the surgery and putting us up in a Hotel for the time we are out there, plus a food allowance.
                                    Flying out on July 22nd and back again on Aug 3rd.

C and C always welcome.
                                    My DeviantArt Gallery

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.