Home Forums The Art Business Center General Art Business Internet Sales Strategies Anyone Selling Art on Amazon?

• This topic has 58 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Guide.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Robin

Just wondering.

Robin

I know a couple artists whose galleries put their work on Amazon. (no idea if they’ve had sales) I don’t know about now, but when they launched the art site only galleries could sell – not sure if that’s changed?

Tina.

Abstract coast and geology art: www.tina-m.com | Art/Science gallery: www.grejczikgallery.com

Robin

I think it has. I saw some artists there, you do have to be approved.

And they are exploring taking on Etsy with handmade and have a few categories where art might sneak it, like Kitchen Decor.

Robin

john22

Both Zatista and Ugallery artists work appears on Amazon.

Robin

Any artists representing themselves on Amazon?

Robin

Robin

Amazon is about to launch Amazon Handmade, and there is a specific art category. The site is vetted, you must apply. The fees are different than regular Amazon.

It appears that they are looking for more upscale crafts and art that can be made within 30 days of order, if custom.

Robin

john22

Interesting so I just looked it up. Here are the fees though. : ( Good that one could try it out for a while before the monthly fees would kick in though. I heard that you may have to pay sales tax for separate states through as a Amazon professional seller. That sounds like a bit of a book keeping challenge!

All Handmade at Amazon artisans must have a Professional Seller account. The current $39.99 monthly Professional Selling Plan subscription fee is waived through August 1, 2016 for Handmade at Amazon artisans.1

They also take 12% on sales.

Interesting to see what ends up selling well on there.

john22

After further checking, I found out that one only needs to pay sales tax to the few states were an Amazon warehouse is located, and only if you would have your product there to be fulfilled/shipped by Amazon. Probably would not affect many art sellers. So if you keep your artwork until it sells, then just paying sales tax in the state where you live should apply then to Amazon art sales.

Robin

Yes, that’s how it works elsewhere where I sell art online.

I would love to sell there, hope I can get in. If I don’t get in with the portraits, I am going to apply again later with more “ready to ship” paintings. I’ve been working on building up a bunch of them anyway.

Robin

john22

When you apply, it may be up to a month to hear back on if you are accepted or not.

Robin

Yes, that is true, John. Have you applied?

Robin

Drat. I looked at the Professional seller account, and you need special approval for the art category but alas I don’t qualify. (they do list the qualifications you have to meet) I do have a physical gallery, I do hold exhibitions, I do represent a range of artists, and I could even join a professional association as the gallery…. but I’m not in the USA. I forgot Amazon Art was US only. (to be clear, this is different from the new Handmade that’s coming)

Dratty drat drat. ;) Ah well! I shall have to achieve world dominate on my own!

Abstract coast and geology art: www.tina-m.com | Art/Science gallery: www.grejczikgallery.com

Robin

Tina, that is “regular” Amazon.

They are opening a Handmade section where the criteria is looser.

But yeah, you have to be in the US as of this time.

Robin

Yes, I know. :) I’m more interested in the regular Art category because it’s higher end and strictly fine art.

Tina.

Robin

Maybe they’ll open it up someday..

Robin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
                                                  • The topic ‘Anyone Selling Art on Amazon?’ is closed to new replies.