Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics View of the water …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Behind the visitor center at the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge in Washington State. Not sure I’m done with it, but it’s close.

18 X 24 inches. The current administration is bent on destroying places like this. If you would like to prevent that, you know what to do on election day.

A painting is never really done as long as I can get my hands on it.

Beautiful place, why would anyone want to destroy it?

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
    Every painting is a new adventure.

Nicely done.

You can bet I’ll be hitting the polls on election day. RESIST!

Hey, Michelle. Thank you for taking a moment to comment.

Greed. Some of our national parks contain significant mineral and energy deposits. Our national forests contain billions of board feet of prime timber. Local farmers encroach on taxpayer-owned land for grazing and crops.

Things got so bad that ten of twelve members of the National Parks Advisory Board resigned together.

Normal Z out with the lot of them.

tmwilliams

The ONE place on the internet that wasn’t political …

gaykir

The such a beautiful place and you’ve captured it so well! Now go up to the Hoh and capture that too.

http://gaylekirbyart.blogspot.com/

Thomas, art is political. Why do you think totalitarian societies control it so tightly?

Gayle, thank you and I will do my best to get there.

jonc50

I don’t see art as political where I live…thanks for the warning. I didn’t know who you were: now I do. Nice painting but it leans a bit to the left.

Looks like a lovely place to be ….. I like the water and sense of depth and distance too.

Nice work Cliff.

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Jon, we both now almost exactly the same amount of information about each other. I don’t think it’s enough to reach any conclusions, though.

Maureen, thank you.

jonc50

I’m too far north to do any concluding…:grouphug: :lol: :wave:

I’m too far north to do any concluding…:grouphug: :lol: :wave:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Smart man. :thumbsup:

tmwilliams

I never said…It is a lovely painting

I never said…It is a lovely painting

Okay, fair enough. My bad and I apologize. Thank you for the kind comment.

If I recall correctly, you expressed an interest in knife work on another thread. This is all knife work except I used a brush for the final layer of the sky reflected in the water. I couldn’t quite make the surface come together with the knife.

Cliff this is really beautiful. One of your best, I think. A very successful composition and lots of texture in those greens.

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm." - Henry David Thoreau

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.