Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia Watermedia challenge for January 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 219 total)
  • Author
    CaliAnn

Welcome to our first Watermedia challenge of the New Year!

I hope you find something to inspire you to join in this month’s challenge! You can upload your artwork at any time (there’s no reveal date), you can even do more than one if you’re so inclined – the more the merrier!

All images are from Pixabay or my own.

When posting, please mention size and medium and any other relevant information – curious minds want to know [FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]:)[/FONT][/FONT]

The most important thing to remember is: HAVE FUN!
        Happy New Year to all! :cat:

CaliAnn

And a few more:

These are all very tempting and a nice wide selection from which to choose. I hope everyone made a new year’s resolution to PAINT MORE or to PAINT DAILY.

Thanks CaliAnn for hosting!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Thanks for hosting, Anne! A beautiful selection of photos to choose from.

Christel

ronsu18

very inspiring photos, thank you CaliAnn! is that blue bird (heron?) actually blue or is it the photo? fell for the city view the hardest, and it’s wahaaay above my wc skill level. going to quietly start with that and not tell anyone.

C&C welcome

Merriweather

Firstly, Happy New Year. May it bring us all good health and joyous brushstrokes. :clap:

Lovely photos CaliAnne , I have picked my favourites . Thank you for hosting.

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

CaliAnn

It’s my pleasure to host – can’t wait to see what you all pick and come up with!

Ronsu: yes, it’s a blue heron, as to the color – it’s a photo from pixabay, so I’m not sure it hasn’t been digitally altered or not

Maybe the cast shadows on the heron’s feathers make it look very blue.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

artastic

wow what a great collection

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                            http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

CaliAnn

Glad you like Bonnie – hopefully you join in this month!

LENGERT

Inspiring reference material. The question is which one???

sanlynn

CaliAnn

Sanlynn: Glad you are inspired – why not do a few of them? :)

eyepaint

Wonderful images!

-- EP Moderator for:
                                            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

CaliAnn

Thanks ep! :)

Thanks for the wonderful photos Cali Ann!

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 219 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.