Home Forums Explore Subjects Southwest and Western Art Untitled – Sunrise with Fog – FINISHED

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    oldglory

This scene is another stroll down memory lane –

I chose to paint this using only three pigments: Yellow Cadmium Light, Indian Red and Chromium Oxide Green – Cremnitz was used as needed, along with my darkest dark which is a mixture of Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Sienna –

It is painted on stretched canvas, 12×16

Comments and suggestions always welcome –

Thanks for viewing – Hud

Love this calm and tranquil scene with its wide road disappearing into the distance almost like this new year we will be having. Beautiful, Hud!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

oldglory

Kay: Thank you … You have a good take on this … Yes, things are coming to a close … winding down into another time for us to experience …

Thanks for viewing … Happy New year

Hud

aspenman

Good work – a very moody painting with interest generated by the winding road.
                Well done!

J.RichardSecor - Art is not a matter of fact - it is a matter of opinion C&C's welcomed

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5w1OMK2OL8mdUZUXZbMj3Q
                http://painterofthesouthwest.blogspot.com/

oldglory

Richard: Thank you … appreciate you viewing –

Hud

Hud, I like the mood of this painting. A winding country road in the sunshine…it could feel lonely, but yet it doesn’t. It’s rather inviting and warm. I like how you’ve managed the look of fog with the details and colors growing fainter in the distance. Very nicely done!

Jenna

My website: https://www.thecozyred.com/

oldglory

Jenna: Thank you very much …appreciate you stopping by –

Happy New Year –

Hud

She-She

What a nice & peaceful painting. I would enjoy going for walks or riding my horse on that path, just to get away & enjoy the simple things in life.

--- Sheila

Horse lovers are "stable" people
                            My Website http://www.freewebs.com/sheilastienley/index.htm

oldglory

Thank you Sheila … Yes, we spent many mornings either walking or riding our favorite horses down this old road … very pleasant, peaceful and enjoyable times –

Hud

mtnrunner

How did you like using the limited palette?

Always appreciate C&C....
                                    120 paintings blog
                                    my website
                                    my blog

oldglory

mtnrunner: I found it both challenging and enlightening … a great deal of thinking had to take place … so it was not a rush, rush type of endeavor ( which is fine with me, since I have nothing but time on my hands now ) – I am amazed at what you can do with so few pigments … I think one can accomplish much with little –

Additionally, if one is willing, one can learn all the possibilities of the palette and not have to get caught up in all the mind numbing colors being offered and still produce good paintings … plus it would be considerably less expensive – I personally find this pursuit most exciting … worth working toward –

I do see some things about this painting that I think need further work … now that I have looked at it for several days … thus, I will do this and post the resulting work –

Thank you for viewing and asking about it –

Hud

oldglory

Additional work on this painting … comments and suggestions most welcome –

Thanks for viewing – Hud

oldglory

More work this morning … I think this is where I want to be –

Comments and suggestions most welcome –

Thanks for viewing – Hud

KJSieloff

OOooh….. I liked it before – REALLY like it now!! I love the softness and the mood created by your subtle limited pallet! Well done!!

Kathy Sieloff
                                                    My Website

Ron

Looking great. Fantastic atmosphere…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.