Home Forums Explore Media Digital Art Digital Art Showcase February Form

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ppa

Hello everyone,

Using GIMP, I create artwork for a monthly form that is used by an after-school math program. The idea is to make the form a little more pleasing/humerous to people. I am not sure if I am achieving this objective, since people in the group say nothing about the form. It prabably means my art skills need much practice. So that’s why I am posting here. Constructive questions and critiques are welcome.

You may be wondering why the form has little color. Many copies of this form are printed on a laser printer. Because of the price of color toner, I have to be stingy on the color. Also, any color gradients that I attempt to do has a high risk of showing up as banding on the printout.

It’s cute and I hope some people appreciate your efforts even if they don’t say anything.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
        Every painting is a new adventure.

Elainepsq

It is cute. The children are a bit cartoony and there is nothing wrong with that.
            the only concern I see is with resolution. Your lines look jagged, especially the black line around the form. That would be better at a higher resolution, but that might not be possible- it depends on how you are printing the form.
            If you have questions about resolution, please feel free to ask. I can help.

laika

I like it! I didn’t understand what the first one was, but I see what you’re doing with them now. Yeah, I think it’s a good idea and nice work!

You shouldn’t read much into the lack of comment, btw. It’s frustrating not to get feedback, but sometimes there’s just not much traffic in this forum. There are any number of reasons unrelated to the quality of the work for a post to languish on the vine.

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                - Otto Rank

ams

I think this is a delightful idea. What a nice touch to the forms you give your students.

No suggestions for the form itself.

Anne

Anne
                    C & C always welcome.
                    https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.