Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk Daily Wash Saturday 12th October 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Good morning all:wave:

More clearing out today. Our existing heating system includes a cylinder in an airing cupboard in the bedroom and two water tanks in the loft. All will be redundant when the new system is installed so I have to make sure the plumber can get in easily.

If I have time I’ll do a little baking this afternoon.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

Good evening Doug and all following.

It rained lightly all night, much to the disgust of the cats this morning. No dust to roll in. They don t like kryptonite even when mixed with dust. Nice rain but not tank filling or drought breaking and it be a distant memory by the end of next week. Dry and hot predicted.

I shall stop whinging lol. :wave:

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

Hi Annie, I hope you ger tank filling rain soon.

A nice morning here, still lots of green around.

Doug

rossmarie

Good morning Doug and Good evening Annie.

Wish I could send you some rainwater Annie – we have plenty and the rivers are getting very high. Hope you get your C/H system installed quickly Doug before it turns really cold.

Our Monmouth Male Voice Choir Gala Concert tonight so in best bib & tucker and in (hopefully) good voice this evening. Have really enjoyed my first year with the choir.

Have a good day everyone

Mike :)

Good morning Mike, how’s your Welsh coming along?

Doug

Que Sera

Mike, do you sing “Harry the Horse”? (Ar Hyd y Nos). I do love a Male Voice Choir. My singing group is a bit more informal but it’s great singing with others.

Family party today is a lunch in a restaurant for 12 of us with four of us aged 5 and under. That 2 adults to 1 child, we should be fine. 😄.

Must dash.

Regards to all

QS

In all these things we are more than conquerors.

Attagran

liverpool is taking over the wash………………only joking
                    my parents grew up there but moved south before I was born
                    i have many relatives there..

Good Morning all,
                    It is 5:00 a.m. here in dark, sleepy, and chilly Oakwood. Sweater weather for sure today.

We had a lovely rain starting in the afternoon and into the night yesterday. We really needed it because we are in a drought condition around here. Not as bad as poor Annie, Lulu, and JJ, but still very dry.

Doug, that is quite a heating system with so many parts. Will you be down to one heating unit now? Hope the installation goes well.

:wave: to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

Bill

Good day all,

It is wet here with a little rain during the night. Quite cool at 47 F. Temperatures will not be climbing above 60ish again this year.

Atticgran, welcome to the Wash. We are on a first name basis here.

I’ll be getting my snowblower ready for the new season today.

Uschi, in yesterday’s Wash I suggested you get a small snow blower. They’re no harder to handle than a mower. You’ll save lots of money, which has always been an incentive for me.

Doug, when is your installer coming? Hoping it works out well and it will be a great relief for you. Colder weather will be coming.
                        Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Cooling off after working in the Airing cupboard – HOT. Got the door off and shelf out and traced the pipework, so everything should be good. The plumber comes on Tuesday.

Doug, that is quite a heating system with so many parts. Will you be down to one heating unit now? Hope the installation goes well.

Yes, it is a throwback to the days of coal fires and back boilers and a hot water storage cylinder in the airing cupboard and feeder tank in the loft. There’s a separate tank and piping for the heating system in the loft and I have a shower pump-fed off the hot water system. Quite complicated. When it is finished the cylinder, pipework, lounge fire and the gas back boiler will go and we will have an electric fire in the lounge for occasional use and a new gas combi boiler in the loft serving the heating system and hot water, a much simpler system.

Hi QS, Gran, Sylvia and Bill :wave:

I should be outside planting bulbs but I’m having a break to cool off.

Doug

:wave: everyone,
                        We finally have our usual fall weather. It will be rain/snow for as far as they can predict with lows around freezing and highs about 7.

Brian got all the Xmas lights under the eaves working so he doesn’t need the tall ladder or walking on the roof now. The rest are just step ladder height or ground level. He is putting up the new lights for over the garage door and some on our largest pine tree today (or so he said yesterday).

This morning I am meeting some of our art club members at the club to start my watercolour painting. I haven’t figured out what I want to do this afternoon yet. Probably go around making sure all the windows are sealed for the winter.

I’ve already had my shower and packed my art bag so just breakfast to eat and a couple of chores around here next. I hope you have a great weekend and a joyful Thanksgiving long weekend to my fellow Canadians.

www.ellenspalette.com

BlissC

Morning all (I think it’s still morning, just! :lol:), to those still to visit, and huggles to all who need them. :grouphug:

I had a very lazy day yesterday, and today’s shaping up to be a lazy day too – in fact probably more so than yesterday. After a pretty busy spell (busy by my standards, not those of a “normal” person :lol:) it takes me at least a couple of days, often more, to ‘recover’. You’d think after all these years that I’d have got the hang of pacing myself better!

I had a couple of bits of good news yesterday – my results letter for my DLA to PIP switch, which was good news, and a phone call from one of the breast care nurses at the hospital. I’ve got an appointment next Friday to go for my prosthesis fitting for the proper silicone breastforms. At the moment I have the ‘softies’ (stuffing-filled cotton breastforms they give you for using immediately after surgery until everything’s healed).

I also had a lovely text message from Matthew yesterday evening. I’d mentioned about possibly going up to see him in Glasgow when he’s back at college, and he said he’d really like that and that he enjoyed it when I went up for a long weekend last weekend. :)

If I manage to keep my eyes open*, I may do some painting this afternoon.
                            (* not guaranteed)

:wave:

Rachel
                            C & C welcome!

"Living on the edge...trying to not fall off - and painting outside the lines!"

:wave: From a sleepy JJ

My rain gauge showed 86 mm of rain. It hosed down all night. I was sitting on the too, the thunder clapped. My head almost hit the ceiling. Lucky i was sitting on the toot.

Long walk today, fun, and a lovely appreciative crowd of people. My feet-ankles-knees are paining bad. Tomorrow I rest ;)

Good luck with your chores today Doug.

Our Monmouth Male Voice Choir Gala Concert tonight so in best bib & tucker and in (hopefully) good voice this evening. Have really enjoyed my first year with the choir.

Good for you Mike!! :)

How was your family lunch QS?

Atticgran :lol:

:wave: Sylvia

Hya Bill, it was 13 degC all day today, I had a scarf on, under my rain jacket.

Hi Ellen, yay for Bryan

Hey Rachael :)

JJ
                            Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                            MY BLOG
                            My Youtube videos

A good Saturday to all………..very much cooler here today, temps in the low 40’s this morning and a high of 60° called for by late afternoon. Chance of frost tonight………so they say. We shall see. I think I can safely, change out the wardrobe now. Pack the shorts and short sleeves away for the winter, break out the long sleeve Henley shirts and flannel lined work pants…..ahhhhhh, warmth. Actually have my little ceramic heater going right now in the studio, was 55° this early morning in the studio….we may actually have to turn the heat on tonight. We’ll set the thermostat to about 56° at night. Prefer the cool air and the warmth of the comforter on the bed at night.

Rod…….my condolences on your brother passing.

No big plans today…..will work on the dividing wall finish painting today. The 8’x10′ outdoor rug Lisa ordered arrive yesterday as did her door mats….she getting anxious about getting it finished. Can’t plan too much as the Red River Rivalry starts at 11:00 this morning….annual cross state line football game between University of Oklahoma Sooners (my alma mater) and the University of Texas Longhorns. It’s always played in the Cotton Bowl at the Texas State Fair end of week big finale …. it’s big. Entertainment district puts concrete dividers down the middle of the street, one side Sooners, the other side Longhorns…the stadium seating is evenly divided between the two schools and folks actually plan their vacations and all other affairs with this game in mind…..for many, the “tailgate” party started last weekend. Should be a great game. My condolences in advance Nancy….the Longhorns will come up “shorthorns” calves today.

Doug….hope the new system install goes without any hitches today.

Geoff…..morning, my friend….if you could, speak to I Am about some rain for our friends “down under”. I expect a golf match in the future…..just still seems natural to give Geoff a shout out.

Breakfast and meds………time to get moving I guess. Greetings to all and thoughts for a fantastic day, evening or night to all here and those to come.

Life’s storm clouds maybe dark and ominous right now, but above the wind, rain and lightening……..the sun is always shinning and the skies are blue. The storms will abate.

Be good, do good……spread your colors!
                            Steve.

Pain and heartaches aren't options in life........misery is a choice.

Uschi

Good Morning!!

As forecast, it’s raining and coolish, sun will re emerge in the afternoon with a high of 10C.

A good day for doing laundry. DIL’s mom is holding a family dinner tonight, no cooking:thumbsup:

Bill, re the snow blower – it would have to be a fairly strong one to move that heavy guck thrown in from the road. I don’t want to mess around with a gas and oil motor, the electric ones are too light and at my age do I really want to stand out there at -25C with a freezing wind trying to move the snow and furthermore in order to store it in the garage I wouldn’t be able to keep the car in there. As much as I hate to pay that kind of money I guess that is what I will have to do.

JJ and Annie :clap: :clap: for the rain.

JJ, glad you are resting today.

Rachel, a “good news day”:thumbsup:

Mike, you’ll be looking so handsome:heart: I too enjoy listening to a male choir.

Ellen, cool today but temperature will be climbing up again, maybe the same up at your end.

Doug, the excitement is building, it will be soooo wonderful for you once everything is installed and working perfectly.

:wave: to you Sylvia, QS and Atticgran.

Uschi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.