Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk Daily Wash Tuesday 8th October 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Good morning all, had a reasonable night’s sleep.

Nothing special planned for today.

Good news from Char yesterday :clap:

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Que Sera

Morning all. I’ve been so busy with lovely things going on that I’m very behind on the Wash. However I did see part of Sunday’s and it gave me such a lift to get an honourable mention from Carol and a photo of a beautiful flower arrangement from Lynn. Craspedia always make me smile as they look like drumsticks, and I enjoyed seeing your friend’s collage, Lynn.

Rachel, your nephew looked very handsome. Has he been sailing with the Windstar line? I love their yachts.

Char, your cartoon made me smile. How true.

Sorry this is so brief, I’ve another busy day ahead. My plates may be beautiful but I still have to keep them spinning!

QS

In all these things we are more than conquerors.

BlissC

Up early to ensure you don’t get blue ears today I see Doug! :lol:

Char – That’s great news about Ted’s appointment Char! Keeping fingers and everything else crossed that it’s good news. Ouch! Not so good about your dental work! (((Char)))

JJ – I’ve had just about every ‘alternative’ therapy they offer over the years. Sadly acupuncture just sent me to sleep, but unfortunately didn’t do anything for my pain levels. For a long time I used to have trigger point injections of tiny amounts of local anaesthetic, which did help for a while, but because the appointments were so far apart I was back to square one again by the next appointment. These days, because I’m on warfarin they won’t do anything involving needles, though I hardly think I’m going to bleed out from a small needle! :lol: I was diagnosed when I was 15, when fibromyalgia was a new ‘thing’ (these days I do think doctors label any joint/muscular/fatigue problems they can’t explain as fibro). Many years ago I was secretary for my local hospital’s fibro support group, and did loads of training and being a researcher by trade, looked into many fibro theories and treatments. The ‘best’ treatment I’ve had was something I found from my own research, which I think is becoming a bit more ‘mainstream’ these days, as a number of times my GP’s asked my advice about recommending it to patients (my GP knows I research everything, particularly if a doctor diagnoses me with something, to find out everything I can about it, and describes me as an ‘expert patient’ (something I did a course on coincidentally, about patients learning more about their condition and taking a more active role in the management of their health – they call it the ‘expert patient programme’). I can’t remember the doctor’s name now who first ‘discovered’ the treatment and wrote a book about it, but the drug’s called guifenesin (commonly found in cold/cough remedies). Back then we weren’t legally able to import it into the UK, so it had to be labelled as something else, and we just had to hope it wasn’t checked at customs! :lol: I was getting some real results with it, but sadly I’d not been on it very long when I was diagnosed with IIH (Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension), and as what causes IIH isn’t clear, I had to stop taking anything that wasn’t essential. I’ve also more recently been diagnosed with ME/CFS, but aside from the doctor who saw me on that occasion doing only a perfunctory examination, having left one of his junior doctors to do most of the consultation, and never having met me before, so he didn’t take the time to talk to me and assess me himself, I do believe that at the time I was just having a bad fibro flare-up. I wouldn’t have minded his mis-diagnosis so much, but I hadn’t even gone to see him about fibromyalgia – it was something else entirely, which he failed to even look at! :o Needless to say, I’ve told my GP and hospital that I do not want him treating me in future!

QS – yes, he’s been on the Windstar Surf. He’s loved it, and particularly after the other cadets who were on the same ship finished their placements at the start of September, rather than just being part of the deck crew, he’s been getting more time on the bridge doing watches. He was very pleased a couple of weeks ago when he found out a passenger on the feedback forms had mentioned him very positively by name, which will please his college tutors, and of course we’re naturally very proud of him.

Anyways, I’d better get myself organised for work, again, and ready for my taxi. I’m definitely going into the office today, even if I have to drive to town in my wheelchair! :lol:

Rachel
            C & C welcome!

"Living on the edge...trying to not fall off - and painting outside the lines!"

Wow Rachel. ME/CFS does often go hand in hand with Fibro.

I hope you have a wonderful day xx

Did you fluff up those ears this morning Doug?

:wave: QS

JJ
            Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
            MY BLOG
            My Youtube videos

Good morning ladies (is that PC?)

I just remembered I have snooker this afternoon. Thank goodness for my phone alarm.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

More melting moments here :eek:

:wave:

Annie
                "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                Steven Wright
                My Flickr Site

shadye1

Good Morning All.
                    Odd day, blue black clouds with little white diamonds of Gulls using it as a background. The sun shineth at the back of the house.
                    Elvis is sleeping on our porch mat overnight, waiting for breakfast.
                    Sweetiepie is not over overly enamoured at the prospect of a house companion and is being aloof.

Someone mentioned fishing baits but left out the bacon rind fish fish shape and luncheon meat cubes. I have even made lures from toothbrush handles and the bowls of old spoons, bought at car boot sales by the hand fulls.

Lulu

:wave:

Now for a giggle…at line dancing today…teacher (80+) announced that our first dance would be I want a cowboy for the night …! ….and then a quiet elderly voice said from the back: “I wouldn’t know what to do with a cowboy for the night” :lol::lol:

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

RickH

Greetings from Arizona, temps are dropping still need rain. So does Annie it seems. Not much going on. waiting for friends who are on their way. Got to get flu shot this week. So boring here is the big dry…

doppler

Yeah Rick, we have had to resort to this.

Annie
                                Steven Wright
                                My Flickr Site

w/c nana8

Good morning, all~

I am treading on Sylvia’s territory on the Wash. I’m waiting for sleep to return, so I thought I’d see what was happening. I am going back home tomorrow for a little over a week–yay! My mom will be in my sister’s very capable hands. Now it’s cleaning up and gathering the things I need at home, plus meeting my mom’s needs, so today is busier than usual.

Char~ what fantastic news!! I am praying that this appointment is the start of much hope and healing in your lives. And the dentist…what can I say, but your tender tooth was taken care of. Unfortunately, I’m sure, not in a way you had anticipated. Ice, ice, ice!!

Rachel~ I hope all goes according to plan today, and you can get the issues with the new laptop addressed. Have a great day at work.

Annie~ be safe in that heat. Is it early for heat like this for you?

QS~ keep those plates spinning! Hopefully you will find yourself with only the ‘plates’ you want, and life will settle in for a bit.

Hey Doug, JJ, and all who are checking in later!

Well, sleep is calling…

~ Carol

'We are too prone to engrave our trials on marble, and write our blessings in sand.' ~ Spurgeon
                                    C&C appreciated

doppler

Carol, it’s mid spring. Only 10 c above average for this time of year.

Annie
                                        Steven Wright
                                        My Flickr Site

Good morning. I had the Brest night’s sleep ever, but it was toO short. Could not get back to sleep, so I decided to put on my vest and move to the recliner.

Called my Surgeon’s office yesterday to let them know about the fall. They were not worried since I was wear my turtle shell. If I develop severe pain in my back, I am to call them immediately. Knee is getting better, it is still a little sore.

Annie, Loved your. Dehydrated water in a can. A sense of humor is good for the soul.

Doug, I love having the reminders on my phone and watch. I even have all the birthday/anniversary reminders set for 24 hours ahead of time.

Char, :clap: Good news about the appointment for Ted. :grouphug: For your tooth pulling.

Temperatures outside are down to 50s/60s with a mild, warm day in store for us. Rain and colder temperatures will arrive on Thursday and Friday. That rain should break the month-long drought we have had.

Have a good day everyone.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
                                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Einstein

:wave: everyone,
                                        It’s light enough to see that it’s foggy outside and close to freezing but no rain expected so if the grass dries I’ll cut it short for winter.

The morning will be for painting then after lunch I’m picking up my son from work. I have housework that needs doing and maybe a little more Xmas shopping online and I have some emails to write.

So nothing exciting going on but I’ll keep busy.

(((Char))) – I hope your jaw is less painful today. And I hope the doctor’s visit can give Ted some hope of improvement. :heart:

Annie – love the dehydrated water. :lol:

Rachel – I hope there are no problems getting to work today and getting your laptop behaving.

Breakfast next then I’ll start my day. Enjoy being able to do the mundane things in life as well as the fun things. Many people would love to be able to vacuum or clean the cat litter. :thumbsup:

www.ellenspalette.com

Uschi

Good Morning!!

First frost on the roofs and my car windows. Blue sky, sun will shine brightly with a high of 17C.

Lunch with friend Lynn, fall garden clean up continuing in the afternoon. I did the last grass cut and put the lawnmower to sleep yesterday. Today I’ll be cutting down all the blackeyed susans to make sure they don’t self seed all over the place.

We had a nice birthday dinner at a lovely Indian restaurant for DIL yesterday evening.

Nancy, I am so glad you didn’t hurt your back on your fall, that would have been too scary and too awful:eek: Glad the knee is healing.

Char, I too wondered why they didn’t so some ultrasound to find the fluid pocket. I am sooooo pleased about Ted’s liver appointment and am soooo hoping he gets the transplant and be back to much better health. Sorry about your tooth, I hope it isn’t too uncomfortable today.

Darla, how is your wrist?? Hopefully not painful. Do you have a hard plaster cast???

Rachel, I am so sorry about all your health issues and hope you can get to work today. Your taxi driver sure is the kindest soul.

Annie, There you are, no more water issues:lol: :lol: I so feel for you about the early onset of the stinking heat.

Carol, your mother is VERY lucky to have such dedicated daughters. Enjoy your time at home with your hubby.

Lynn, nice knitting!! I don’t do Mittens or gloves:)

Rod, QS, Rick, JJ, Lulu and Doug :wave: to you and I wish everyone, including myself, a really good day!!

Uschi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.