Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor The Learning Zone Is Watercolour TV worth it?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marshall

The title pretty much says it all. Is watercolor.tv worth the price?

I would like to take the instruction from Matthew Palmer but being in the US it will cost $65. Trying to decide if it is worth it and I would love to have your opinions on this.

Thanks.

Marshall
        Living the retired life in NE Florida

There are less expensive Course options on that site. Try one of them first, if you like, and you can make a decision based on the quality of the Class.

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

I subscribed to the artistsnetwork.tv Watercolour Channel for a couple of years and found it very good, lots of artists, lots of videos, 289 in Watercolours alone.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Marshall

I really like the Youtube videos that Matthew has but they are incomplete. He lives in Derbyshire and that is an area that I want to stay in for a few months so maybe I can meet him and get some lessons in person.

I think I’m just going to do it if Chris will approve my purchase.

Marshall

I haven’t seen these particular videos and can’t really comment, but I find, generally speaking, that paying for videos is often a little bit more disappointing than it ought to be. I’ve taken some courses from several different providers, but I always left the courses thinking, “Gosh, I should have just downloaded the textbook.”

-----
            Certified Closet Management Engineer, Slung Watercolor Society of America

Kaylen

I thought your budget kicked in??? do all or most of the exercises in your new books, you can like 5 bucks a month to have commercial free youtube

Kaylen Savoie
                https://www.savoieartist.com/
                At least twice a year,paint something better than you ever painted before.

Marshall

I thought your budget kicked in??? do all or most of the exercises in your new books, you can like 5 bucks a month to have commercial free youtube

Yeah, I am thinking now to work through the books and their exercises and skip both watercolour.tv and youtube for now. Save my money and budget (that came up again today) and put it towards paint etc.

I have been divesting myself of my woodworking tools and supplies and using that money to fund my art. I still have some nice red oak I’m going to try and sell.

Marshall

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.