Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes JanuaryFebruary 2020 Landscape Challenge

• This topic has 79 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Eye.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author

Me again. No volunteers to host the Challenge since September, so this one will also be 2-monther, which actually seemed to work very well anyway.

This is an activity thread for artists of all experience levels, and who work in any medium, including digital. Since this is a group activity, we can pool our knowledge and resources, and grow as artists in a fun, no-pressure atmosphere. No critiques unless specifically asked for. The intent is to have fun, try new things, and experiment.

Choose an image (as many as you like) and paint, draw, sculpt, sew, or whatever to produce your work of art. Feel free to crop, flip, add things, leave things out, and generally have fun using your own “artistic license”.

Then scan or photograph the result and post it in this thread. Tell us the size and medium, any support utilized, plus anything else you’d like to share.

Please find time to comment on the contributions. Comments are appreciated by the artists, and quite often useful ideas arise out of the suggestions.

We are always looking for volunteers to host our monthly challenges. You can use your own photos or choose some from our Reference Image Library. Please consider offering your services through the following link:

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21721814#post21721814

All images are from the WetCanvas Reference Images Library.

balloon trip by Pencilz

bike and tree by dare

blue shuttered window by paintandeasel

cottage in Carmel by cheribears

by brookstream. The figure apparently is the painter C.W.Mundy

Kerkyra_Street_morgue_file image submitted by KreativeK

Lion’s Crest barn by lisilk

midway by lisilk

Sunset at Krabi Thailand by Dewi

The Lakes by Masperius

Venice gondolas by Yorky

I hope you find something you like! I will try to get in more often this time around, too. I did actually paint one image but it was a dud.
    Happy art-making!

Wendy C&C always welcome
    Everybody likes feedback! Please remember to comment on others' threads, even if it's just a "nice work" post.

Hi Wendy, Happy New Year to you and thanks for all the beautiful images. I saw quite a few that are interesting to do. In fact I think all the images are great.

LIL

dewarp

Hi Wendy – thanks for hosting and providing such a good collection.

Your link for hosting volunteers doesn’t seem to work properly?? Anyway, I will volunteer for March 2020.

regards – Peter

dewarp

Yesterday I had a go at Kerkyra Str. and came up with three versions. I decided that I like this one the most. All done as digital manipulation in Photoshop.

C&C welcome.

regards – Peter

Wow Peter, this is wonderful.

LIL

Thanks for a great selection of references, Wendy.
            Peter – lovely! cool palette!
            My version of Cheribear’s cottage, 10.5×14 using ac mostly

Christel

Christel, I love your painting, so nicely done.

LIL

Thanks Lil!

Christel

dewarp

Thanks for the comments Lil and Christel.

Christel – nice homely version of the cottage. Well done.

regards – Peter

KaySilver

Hi all. I haven’t joined in this challenge for about a year (where does the time go?!) but am hoping to get back into it this year. I’m going to pick either the window or the cottage.

Absolutely love your version of the cottage, Christel. I find it very charming and inviting.

Bizzibee

Some beautiful, striking images, Wendy. Great job Peter – what a super effect.

Christel that cottage is beautiful. It looks so cosy and inviting, surrounded by all that greenery.

I, too, would like to paint the window, Claudia. Hope time permits, unlike last month!

'One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star': Friedrich Nietzsche

Here are my attempts for this month, although we have plenty of time since February is also included for the challenge. Tried the hot air balloon in watercolor.
                        Also tried the cottage which was done in acrylics on paper.

LIL

Thanks Peter, Claudia and Bizzibee!
                        Lil – love your landscapes, especially the hot air balloon.

Christel

Hi Wendy – thanks for hosting and providing such a good collection.

Your link for hosting volunteers doesn’t seem to work properly?? Anyway, I will volunteer for March 2020.

regards – Peter

Thanks Peter! I fixed the link and put you on the hosting list.

Any takers for April? May? June? :)

Wendy C&C always welcome
                        Everybody likes feedback! Please remember to comment on others' threads, even if it's just a "nice work" post.

Peter, that’s a very cool manip! It’s like a feeling of a pleasant memory, or dream.
                        Cristel, your scene is so inviting, and the foliage is especially well done.
                        Lil, two already! You’ve captured the sense of height and distance in the cheerful balloon painting, and the cosy-ness of the cottage.

Wendy C&C always welcome

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.