Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Trying to get back into figure drawing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dupliKate

It has been quite a number of years since I have been able to attend life drawing sessions….and I am feeling really rusty. Now that I am retired, I have been looking for a figure drawing group near me. No luck yet, but in preparation I decided to start drawing from one reference book that I have, and probably from Croquis Café as well.

Here are my efforts from today. I set my phone timer, and did these two 5 minute sketches.

Then I did one 10 minute:

The references are from a book called “The Figure in Motion”. Gosh….I feel like I have run a marathon just doing three little drawings :lol:

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
        ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
        http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

Delofasht

Looks good to me for being out of practice.

- Delo Delofasht
            ArtistOz

Not bad. Why not forget the timer and do a full study untimed to get a better feel of the figure and build up information in your memory.

Bill,
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
                Instagram, billwperry

Nice practice drawings!
                I am also retiring in 3 weeks! I hope to be going to another life drawing group- and more time to paint will be wonderful…

bethany
                moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
                website www.bethanyart.com
                My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

123harry

These have a nice feel for the figure. Hope you find s suitable life group.

C&C always welcome.
                    Instagram harry.hamill

I like the third one, a definite sense of the action. It’s taken me 3 years to get back into art and I’m still fighting. You’ll get there I’m sure. Drawing from life is the biggest test and by far the most challenging. As Harry says, i hope you find a group :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
                    More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
                    Instagram
                    https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

joe1It

I like the figures you made, especially the last 2 (I like the last like the shadow, shading follows the form, personally I find it a very difficult thing to do). we see the dynamism of the pose.
                        I hope you will find in your area and soon, the group of figures you are looking for.

- C & C welcome ( comments and criticisms highly appreciated)

— NOT allowed for Al training

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.