Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk Daily Wash Tuesday December 10 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Lulu

Evening all…

Beautiful day, out and about and line dancing!

A lot of very fast dances including this one.
        Yeeha!!
        https://youtu.be/p2mqZVibnEs

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Good morning all, good evening Lulu :wave:

You are getting serious now Lulu, apart from the lack of energy, I wouldn’t be able to remember that routine :eek:

A little shopping today, I’ll try and persuade Ruth to go to the Tesco hypermarket in Southport for a look around, probably won’t buy much.

It’s a murky morning out there, misty and wet.

Just to remind you of the no nonsense cooking videos on YouTube by John Kirkwood – mouth watering recipes.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

shadye1

Good Morning All.
            Wet and windy.
            Cat is sulking on a lounger under the porch, I’m getting the “its your fault” look. I am always blamed for the weather.

No Elvis, no shrill cries of meeee, meee, must be home and dry.

doppler

Good evening all.

No much to report today. Have been crotchety all day due to poor sleep. Did the morning limited watering. We are allowed to have eye candy. Blew leaves and paddy poo away from the house, so the cats disappeared upstairs. It’s a savage nasty thing that blower. It could mess up their hairstyles.

Roger came home with fish and chips. Eating. Nanny nap. A few episodes of Gordon Ramsay. Then cat food, then bird feed, then refill the birdbaths and other drinking points around the yard.

Quite exhausting. :lol:

Annie
                "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                Steven Wright
                My Flickr Site

Good evening Annie, I like fish and chips, but the local chippy simply gives you too much. One serving is more than enough for the two of us.

Doug

doppler

Too much for us too Doug.

Beneficiaries … wongs, turkeys, bowerbirds.

Annie
                    "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                    Steven Wright
                    My Flickr Site

Good Morning all,
                    It is almost 7:00 a.m. here in still dark Oakwood. The rain has stopped finally, but more is predicted for today. Wish I could send some your way, Annie.

Finished my landscape in class yesterday, not very happy with it though. Started on a gallery-wrapped canvas and am pleased with the background on it. Used a new to me color: Rose of Ultramarine by DS. It is lovely.

Uschi, you asked yesterday if Nita paints in class. She will demo a technique that she wants us to learn, but she doesn’t do a painting. She brings in wonderful color charts that were used as illustrations in her books and discusses those. We all paint whatever we want to paint in her class. After discussing a technique, she walks around the class stopping at each student’s place and answers questions about what she/he is working on or gives helpful ideas for them to progress. And, yes, Char, you would definitely enjoy being in this class because Nita is such an expert on color. :D

I’m having a hard time getting in the Christmas spirit this year. I don’t know why, just am. Maybe when I start baking my pizzelle and biscotti that will help.

Hope all goes well today for you, June, and your recovery is smooth and easy.

:wave: to all.

SYL,

Sylvia

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Too dark to see but weather forecast says it will be cloudy all day with a high of around freezing.

I was over at the kids last night eating home made pizza, it was delicious:thumbsup:

This is the day when I finally get to see the surgeon to look at the basal cell carcinoma on my nose. Later on I am thinking of baking a lemon loaf for the scrabble ladies on Thursday.

June:grouphug: holding your hand and hoping all goes really well!!

Lulu, love it, such fun and that instructor sure cuts a fine figure:heart: :) almost makes you wonder if he and the group are dancing the same dance:evil: It is so popular here too, the group at our Senior Centre now has to turn people away because they are too full.

Char, such good news that Ted’s doctor is pleased with his progress!!!

Sylvia, I am with you on the Christmas spirit, maybe we need to do the “spirit” thing to get there:D

Nancy, is it get rid of Big Bertha Day yet??

:wave: to you Annie, Doug and Don!!

Uschi

:wave: everyone,
                        It’s still too dark to see anything outside but it looks like most of the snowfall is finished. It’s cold though, -31 windchill. I hope we start seeing some sun soon. The constant grey doesn’t give me energy. :rolleyes: Right now I can hear the deep growls of snow blowers up and down the street. In the summer people wait until a decent hour to run lawn mowers but in the winter you hear the snowblowers starting around 5:00 a.m. because people need to use them to get out of their driveways to get to work. I was lucky that Brian did ours last night. :thumbsup:

My big Xmas party is Thursday so today and tomorrow will be busy working through my pre party check list. Most of the work will start tomorrow but today I’m setting up supplies at the bar (Brian will be bartending), dusting, checking for good batteries in things that need them, buying wine (to make mulled wine) and pop (I’ve already bought supplies to make a hot spiced apple drink). I also have a Skype meeting at 11:00 and I’m feeding my starter to make a loaf of sourdough bread today. If I go to the grocery store I’ll pick up food to make a big batch of something (maybe chili) that we can have for supper but also freeze for serving over the holidays. I have to start thinking about my holiday menu soon because of diet restrictions of my son and DIL.

June – cyberly holding your hand today.

Annie – I wish we could send down some of our cold and snow to help the fires and drought. Your wildlife wouldn’t appreciate it though.

Rachel – I put in a typed insert in my cards for my family for the first time this year. I wish I could print out labels but every time I try they don’t align properly and it’s faster to write out the addresses than fight with the printer. Maybe I can look at the problem in the summer when I have time.

I hope you all can enjoy your day and that those hurting find relief.

www.ellenspalette.com

A good Tuesday to all………33°, mixture of rain, sleet and snow coming down right now. Not expected to accumulate as last night when we went to bed it was still 58-60°…..high of 35° called for today……….Hallmark Channel it is today…..not that I sit and watch them…they’re just good white noise.

The doctors had problems with trying to put an AV Fistula in her mother’s arm yesterday. They’ll try again this morning in her upper chest and if that’s successful, dialysis this afternoon. Really hard time for Lisa…that age old mental turmoil of how much is too much effort to stave off the inevitable and when do you just accept the reality that her time is coming to an end and just keep her as comfortable as possible…..sometimes I think our technological capabilities have far exceeded our capacity to deal with the natural course of mortality.

Sylvia…..I’m with you. Neither Lisa nor I are very much excited about Christmas this year. We haven’t even put up any of the Christmas stuff and discussing it last night, I’m thinking the decorations will just stay in the attic……tree and all. Neither of us has the energy to deal with it….maybe 2020.

Cats are hungry and demanding breakfast. Breakfast and meds for me…..time to get moving. Greetings to all ….BBL

Be good, do good ….
                        Steve.

P.S………keeping June in my thoughts and morning chat with I Am…..

Pain and heartaches aren't options in life........misery is a choice.

Good morning. Our weather is the same as Steve’s. Snow/rain is moving into the area just in time for morning commute. However, there will be no accumulation since we were in the low 70s yesterday.

I have been looking for my glasses and could not find them. I knew that I had put them on top of my iPad when I went to bed. Just now, I noticed that the magnet that holds my iPad in a standing position while I type was keeping them safe. :clap:

Uschi, Today is Big Bertha removal day.:crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: By the time I leave the house, the weather issue will long gone.

Ellen, You just brought back memories when you said going to buy “pop”. I grew up using that word. After all these years down south, I now say soda.

Steve, Lisa is facing the hardest decision of her life. It is very hard to just say no more treatment for your mother. I finally did after several all-nighters in the ER while mom was in Assisted Living. I was lucky that she was allowed to stay in AL while she was in Hospice. Lisa will know when it is time. As for Christmas, run to Walmart or Target and get a little tree about 1’ tall that comes predecorated with lights and ornaments. That is what I did last year. It will lift Lisa’s spirits.

June, :grouphug:

Sylvia, Until I put up the trees and lights inside, I was not feeling in the spirit this year either. Having found the smaller green artificial balsam tree at Target was exactly what I needed. It does not take up much room on the small end table, but looks tall.

:wave: To everyone. Be back later in the day!

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Einstein

Been to the supermarket and got a few items I was short of, new bed sets and towels for Peter and Alexander’s visit. Wet and windy out there.

Ellen, I have an address excell (actually Libre Office) address spreadsheet and I use the online Avery label printer to print the addresses onto Avery label sheets. I always have a re-learning process when I come to do it but it works.

Thinking of June, I hope things go well.

Doug

Bill

Good day all,

Lulu, i wish I could do that. I enjoyed the video and envied the leader’s ability. Hmmm

Doug, sometimes it’s just good to get out without purpose.

Rod, snowing a little her and I get blamed for the weather too. Ms. Feral never gives me credit for sunny days.

Fish and chips are best in England and Ireland. Here in the states it’s all beer battered. I know, Char, you like it. :) Just too much breading for me.
                            The chips are better than our fries, too.

Sylvia, that sounds like a beautiful color. Is it a kind of purple? I’m color impaired, remember.

Uschi, hope things go well with the surgeon. I love lemon cake.

Ellen, I guess snow blowing is pretty much routine there. A hardy people living there.

Steve, hoping 2020 will give us a reason to celebrate.

Nancy, glad big Bertha is leaving. What a relief for you.

Char, sorry Ted’s not having a good day.
                            I use an old fashioned label process, pen and ink. :)

Baking bread and will work on my project some.
                            Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Good Morning Washers… it’s very deeply grey outside my window as the thermometer is losing ground. We’ll get a few flurries but nothing more. I’m feeling a little sad today because it would have been ArtMom’s (Lyn Cherry) 80th Birthday. I do miss her. Her Birthday announcement popped up on my FB page as a reminder and someone wished her a Happy day. :rolleyes:

I have my Class this afternoon and that’s always cheery. We’ll paint another Christmas card today. This will be our 5th. It’s really been a lot of fun and I have managed to tuck a lesson into each of them. :lol:

I painted my commission yesterday. He’s a crow with attitude and I’m very happy with him. Ted thinks I need to add a few minor details in his wing before I declare him finished. I agree.

(((June))) You’re in my thoughts and I’m hoping all goes well for you.

When I finally accepted how radically different our special occasions were, my enthusiasm returned with a vengeance. It freed me to look at our traditions with fondness and then move on to doing it differently. I’m excited for our Christmas because it’s nothing like any previous celebrations. We can do what we like and relish what we have.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts about my husband. :heart: He’s making progress, for sure but he’s never going to return to a state of good health. Sadly, he’s heading back to bed because today is not shaping up to be a good day.

What label software is everyone using? I have been printing my labels on Avery stickers for years and it seems to work for me. My printer is a Brother… perhaps that makes a difference???? And I use Microsoft Word. The open source word processor really messed up the columns and I can’t use it.

Steve, I hope that Lisa is able to come to terms with the decisions she is being forced to make. The stress must be monumental.

I’d better get down to the Studio. :wave: Everyone! :grouphug:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Bill, I am happy to put 2019 behind us. And yup, I love that deep fried, breaded and crunchy piece of goodness that is beer battered fish. I get to eat it once or twice a year. :lol:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.