Home Forums Explore Media Airbrush Price and choking questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mongraffito

Hello,
        Im new to airbrushing, coming from oil painting etc.
        The way I work with it and what will hopefully allow me doing (painting resin cast statuettes) is lovely, I’ll stick to it.
        I bought a medium price compressor, works very well. It came with 3 different types of pistols.

Q1: why are some pistols so expensive? I see some for the price of my whole compressor-pistols set.

I bought some Molotov for airbrush and Aero Color bottles. But I also have other acrylic tubes and mixed my own colors, adding water. I experimentes a bit. The jet of color is not always uniform, though I keep the air pressure constant.
        Q2:does the paint dry so fast on the needle? I notice the nozzle is easily covered with dry paint (air goes through it…). IS this “normal”?

Thanks in advance for the answers. I’ll probably be back with other questions. I help mylearning process with reading and videos but human to human interraction (as opposed to tutorials tossed with altruism for everyone to watch) gives me more personal confidence :-)

fedetony

Pistols are expensive because they are ingenered as a precision tool. And they want to earn money of it.
            Yes, paint dries very fast since its acrylic, and acrylic dries when water evaporates. As the liquid is atomised through the nozzle, most water is removed.

Federico Garcia
            My Blog
            C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.