Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub, Friday, 22 November, 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

A sunset down my street several evenings ago, showing the gathering clouds that resulted in a brief storm the next morning…

[Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300mm taken at 18mm, manual mode, 1/1000 sec, f/3.5, ISO 500, processed in ACR & PSCS5]

Humburger

Good morning, Dave. That is a lovely sunset. I never tire of beautiful skies. 😀

Ginny
            www.virginiacmccoy.com
            C & C Welcome

damar

Thanks for starting the Pub Daily, Dave!
                Great sky drama! Did you get a lot of rain?

A small quilted table runner that I finished last week

And there’s Ginny!
                Your post must have gone up while I was typing!
                Good morning!

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
                Photos are ©2021
                Rich

Good Day all!
                    I have been missing for a while. We had some photo action lately. I have been documenting a building razing on Main street. The three story building was built in 1887 and is now a pile of rubble. I will post some photos soon.

Dave, nothing like a pink sunset to bring peace to the closure of the day.

Hi Ginny! :wave:

Patty,
                    Well composed photo and an interesting scene. Could have been taken many years ago. B&W is perfect for it!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
                    Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify
                    Website http://rich-stedman.pixels.com

Anonymous

Hi Ginny. And thanks.

Damar, thank you. I agree with Rich – that’s a very good photo, and B&W suits it well. My area near the coast got just a bit of rain – not bad for my locale, but not an impressive total of rainfall. Areas to the north and east got more, with snow (heavy in some areas) in the mountains. Enough snow that local ski operators are about to open for the season.

Hi Rich. I’m looking forward to seeing your photo documentation of the building demolition. Gotta be mixed feelings involved there: progress and improving the city is important, but on the other hand there’s something to be said about preserving old, possibly historic buildings.

damar

Hi Rich!
                            Thanks! I cant wait to see your building demo photos.
                            It bothers me when historic structures are taken down, but some times they are just too far gone/no longer safe.

My photo:
                            I have been taking snapshots on and off all during the week and was just not happy with any of them.
                            The light from the window was intense and the colors were too warm.
                            Then I decided on B&W, and it took away all color distraction.
                            I think it needs just a tad more contrast.

Hi Dave!
                            A little rain is better than none.
                            I know its gotten cold with some snow up in the mountain areas; early winter!

Yesterday morning walk.
                            This little creek runs through our neighborhood–
                            right into the sun!

Photos are ©2021
                            Don

Nice dramatic sunset Dave.

Patty, my wife has an old Singer sewing machine in the bedroom, probably belonged to her mother. Rummaging through the drawers a few minutes ago I discovered a cache of foreign currency (mostly coins, some bills) from some of my travels. Canada, Mexico, Italy, Singapore, Bahrain and England. There was also a bill from Saudi Arabia that was probably given to me years ago by a friend. I used to work for him while I was still in engineering school. He left and went to work at Aramco in Saudi Arabia. He wanted me to come over there to work when I graduated, but the hiring process went on too long and I had to go to work somewhere else. Plus it was very restrictive about things you could bring into the country. So, while the compensation would have been good, in the end I decided against it. I think later that company was taken over by the Saudi government so it probably worked out just as well. I also found a clip from a newspaper dated November, 1954.

Hi Ginny!

Ah Patty, you snuck in that nice woodsy scene while I was typing my long post.

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
                                Immortalized forever
                                With silver and light"

damar

Hi Don!
                                    Often what you will find in old sewing machine drawers is
                                    candle wax, spilled dried up nail polish, stocking repair kits, rusty pins and
                                    and old buttons!
                                    You found money! Well, Saudi money!
                                    I remember the days when Americans were going to S.A. for good paying jobs (when the economy here wasn’t great in the early to mid 70’s)
                                    All booms eventually bust!
                                    Yep, you were probably better in not going.

When I go into antique shops, I always look for vintage sewing baskets that
                                    still have the contents in them. Its fascinating and also a source for some great vintage buttons.
                                    But I go through them slowly with much thought and appreciation for the woman who valued the things she put in the basket whether it was for necessity, frugality, or sentimentality.
                                    I have photos somewhere, but they were probably ipad pics and I have not yet come to terms with organizing ipad snapshots (and I’m NOT buying anymore cloud space!)

Old sewing machines are worthy subjects no matter what brand or condition!

Woodsy scene: (tried to keep the two corrugated metal pipes out of the photo!)

Oh I looked up crescent moons on outhouse doors in yesterdays thread.
                                    Rumors, legends and guesses.
                                    Mostly because that’s what most people expected to see!
                                    MFIB said it>>>nice framing for loo peepers!

Photos are ©2021
                                    Humburger

What a beautiful pic of the sewing machine. It looks just like mine, which used to be my grandmother’s. I will get a snapshot in a bit…

Beautiful creek shot, too.

Hi, Rich and Don. 🙋

Ginny
                                        www.virginiacmccoy.com
                                        C & C Welcome

damar

What a beautiful pic of the sewing machine. It looks just like mine, which used to be my grandmother’s. I will get a snapshot in a bit…

Beautiful creek shot, too.

Hi, Rich and Don. 🙋

Hi Ginny! Thanks!
                                            Oh Boy! Sewing machine pics!!! :thumbsup:
                                            I love treadles!

Photos are ©2021
                                            Greenhill

Dave, very dramatic and foreboding.

Patty, love your autumnal forest. We have no deciduous forest in Oz.
                                                And I see you have an old Singer, just the girl to shorten my jeans …

PARADISE FALLS – 36 miles from Wang’

Olympus E-3 (circa 2007), 1/1000, F3.5, ISO 320, 14mm (=28mm FF)

MY FLICKR
                                                OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                                                The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

damar

Wow Mark those are some powerful looking water falls.
                                                    Great photos.
                                                    Don’t you have gum trees in OZ? Or is it just that they are not in stands
                                                    of acres (or hectares if that’s the unit in OZ?)
                                                    Hemming jeans: LOL ….shipping will set you back a bit, so you may just want to roll them up for now!

Photos are ©2021
                                                    Greenhill

Wow Mark those are some powerful looking water falls.
                                                        Great photos.
                                                        Don’t you have gum trees in OZ? Or is it just that they are not in stands
                                                        of acres (or hectares if that’s the unit in OZ?)
                                                        [B][COLOR=”Red]Hemming jeans: LOL ….shipping will set you back a bit, so you may just want to roll them up for now![/COLOR][/B]

:D :LOL: :D
                                                        We do have gum trees in Oz, trillions of them but they are evergreens.
                                                        Our unit of area is Hectare, but the Acre is commonly used to describe real estate because it sounds bigger I suppose.
                                                        Bush fires are sometimes quoted as having destroyed so many acres, it’s sounds more devastating and dramatic.

MY FLICKR
                                                        OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                                                        The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

damar

Oh, I had no idea about gum trees being ever greens!
                                                            We use acres here!
                                                            All little things good to know!

Photos are ©2021
                                                            Anonymous

Really nice waterfall photos Mark. I love the perspective/vantage point in the last one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.