Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    vegaskip

Position. 41.726931° N and -49.948253° W. The wreck was found at a depth of 12,000 feet.
        WC 14” X 11”
        Jim
        [ATTACH]869943[/ATTACH]

bobbymac

Very nice painting of the surface of the ocean Jim. I was expecting to see an image of a ship. Surprise! :)

vegaskip

Very nice painting of the surface of the ocean Jim. I was expecting to see an image of a ship. Surprise! :)

It’s there only 12,000 feet down. A strange thought. There are many ‘historic’ ships still in existence, but they are in awkward places and difficult to visit. Unlike the ones that were scrapped, they, are gone for ever !.
                Jim
                PS. I have never painted Titanic, too many people have. Her fame is media generated. Bigger ships have sunk in stranger circumstances. Many more lives lost in tragic events , yet they keep ‘digging her up’.

Bill

Still, a nice surface painting.
                    Bill

Be kinder than necessary

vegaskip

Still, a nice surface painting.
                        Bill

Wouldn’t mind a £ for every hour I’ve had that view
                        Jim

Tim Goss

I really like the lighting on this one. Excellent!

Tim

Tim Goss Watercolors
                            http://www.timgosswatercolors.com

Hillriver

You are really, really good with the sea! Clever picture.

Tony

Tony

bobbymac

It’s there only 12,000 feet down. A strange thought. There are many ‘historic’ ships still in existence, but they are in awkward places and difficult to visit. Unlike the ones that were scrapped, they, are gone for ever !.
                                    Jim
                                    PS. I have never painted Titanic, too many people have. Her fame is media generated. Bigger ships have sunk in stranger circumstances. Many more lives lost in tragic events , yet they keep ‘digging her up’.

I served aboard the USS Blakely from 1970-1973. She was newly commissioned and I was part of the original crew (plank owner). She was scrapped somewhere around 1971. Lots of memories.

vegaskip

I served aboard the USS Blakely from 1970-1973. She was newly commissioned and I was part of the original crew (plank owner). She was scrapped somewhere around 1971. Lots of memories.

I know what you mean. I served in seven ships, they were all scrapped, except one which was wrecked in the Far East. So parts of her are probably in existence.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.