Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    metlworks

Not too sure if the background is too dark. I wanted it this way so that the rusted metal of the enclisure is only noticed when one looks into the eye and sees the reflection of the stable entrance. Then the viewer might realise where the horse is and only then notice it. But does it work, or does it detract from the painting. Your thoughts please and on any other aspect. All my paintings have a hidden detail that can only be percieved when looking closely. Maybe it does not work with this one.

Oil on board 30 x 23 inches
        https://ibb.co/album/iMpCAa

Trumper

I think you may need to link to the actual painting ,this opens up several paintings .What i can see it looks very good :)

OziAfricana

If you go to POST REPLY you’ll see a yellow box with a mountain image. Clicking on it will allow you upload an jpg or jpeg image directly into the message. It’s easier to comment on it that way.

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home
                My Blog

Instagram
                metlworks

Took the WIP thing literally and included the primary muscle, bone and vein layout, then the monochrome underpainting followed by the colored glazing of the same painting. Will try put up the single foto. Thank you for the guidance thus far Aha it worked thanks for that.:)

Trumper

That is lovely and for what it’s worth i love seeing the W I P ‘s as well.

metlworks

Thank you Trumper, will procced as normal with WIPs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.