Home Forums Explore Media Fiber Arts Hi Lurkers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Debby

Hi there. This is an invitation to all you lurkers out there. We would love to see what you do with fiber. Remember fiber art is very inclusive. It includes the following: quilt, knit, crochet, embroider, needlepoint, card and spin, sew, weave, macramé, braid, work with leather, needle felt, felting, paint silk, stuff teddy-bears or make art dolls, basketweave, dye, use fibers in collage, mess about with textiles, origami, paper making, book making, or do “anything string?” And maybe even a few things we haven’t thought of. Please come join in the fun. (We don’t bite, honest. :D)

Debby
        Guide - Fiber Art Forum

OK OK you talked me into it… I’ll go scan my project! :lol:
        Jen

Jennifer Landau
        Proud to be published in Art Quilting Studio magazine and educating about wool at The Great Dickens Christmas Fair.

Oh, yes! Please, please!!!!

And if others who are lurking around but shyly keeping quiet want to be brave and talk to us, we’d be really happy to meet you and promise to be nice!!!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Martha Shaw
        WetCanvas Fiber Arts Forum

My Blog!

Howdy!

I’m still relatively new (meaning I don’t get tons of time to pop in and visit), but I’m close to finishing my first crocheted hat. I’ve never done one before and it is FAR from perfect. When I get finished…sometime this weekend hopefully…I’ll post it.

And I take NO responsibility for the colors of the hat, my sister chose her own yarn and she’s got to wear the thing…

M&M

[FONT=Georgia]Let each man exercise the art he knows. --Aristophanes

Welcome! Glad you decided to chat with us! We love to it when new playmates come in! I think people who want “perfect” can buy those tired and dull things sold in stores and made from some machine. The creations we make are better than perfect! It’s sort of like the lumps in the mashed potatoes. Don’t you think that makes ’em better than instant?

Can’t wait to see your colorful hat!

My Blog!

Debby

M&M, yes, please, we want to see the hat. I don’t do perfect either. Don’t worry about it, it’s your work.

Debby
            Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Merethe T

Hi Jen and M&M – glad to have you with us! :wave:
                And – we’d love to see your work, we’ve got plenty of room in here!

Merethe

kiwiellie

Hello all
                    Jen, M&M, Debbie, Martha and Merete

I was stunned to hear that you include papermaking in fibre art but I can clearly see that it could be. Well now there’s a worry.
                    Shall I post the ‘organic’ looking batches of paper I’ve made so far. I think there are five batches.
                    Batch one is not too bad — a grey colour – made with pulp from recycled enveloppes as are all the other batches.
                    Batch two — I added some green tops of radishes I’d just picked in the garden and yep the batch has a greenish tinge
                    Batch three– I soaked in tea….. yep it looks like brown paper.
                    Batch four — added beetroot juice… forget it didn’t work

Batch five is on the go and it is steeping in water to which I added tumeric. It is a glorious yellow/orange colour in the pot.

Will let you know when it’s dry and show you a collage of sheets of paper.

I have not seen the process and would love to see any of the process you’d like to share. Yes, I do like the incluseness of WC’s fiber art. It’s a virtual “anything goes” and with the chat thread, those of us who are fiber art plus other stuff can slip in some other stuff to share with our friends here, so welcome to our playground!

My Blog!

Debby

Paper IS a fiber product, so yes, home-made paper, origami, book-making, and other forms of paper sculpture are definitely included. So, show us your paper! :cat:

Debby
                        Guide - Fiber Art Forum

kiwiellie

Thanks Dr Debby
                            Uploaded it just now in the wrong place — the intro thread.
                            Can do with some computer skills too it seems
                            sorry about that.

Debby

It’s ok, I’ll go there and take a look. :)

Debby
                                Guide - Fiber Art Forum

EvaJ

Welcome to everyone. It is great to see some new people. We don’t bite and we love to see what everyone is doing. None of us are perfect or make anything that is perfect. What fun would that be.

Eva :heart:

TheeCoyote

Looks like I get to jump start this thread. I have been doing fiber art since grade school. I stick primarily to embroidery with appliqué and beading. I also paint. I can do garment construction too but find it tedious and it doesn’t travel well.

So, what is there to get involved in around here?

"Let me get this straight: You believe that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father will let you live forever if you pretend to eat his flesh, drink his blood, and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that he put there a long time ago as punishment for all humanity because a rib-woman made from a dust-man was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree?"
                                        Debby

Welcome TheeCoyote! :wave: There are several ways to get involved around here.

You could share the same information or more information, if you are comfortable with it in the Welcome thread.

You can come say “hi” and tell us about your life in the monthly “Stitch in Time” thread.

You can join us in the 2 month long challenge. There is still plenty of time to do something there. (I know because while I have my project planned out, I have not actually started it yet. :lol:)

You can start your own thread and show us what you make with your embroidery, applique and beading. We’d love to see.

Debby
                                            Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.