Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Darkroom Darkroom Topic Challenge, #69, Advertisement, March 17-30, 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

WC Darkroom Topic Challenge (C&C’s encouraged but not required)

Topic Challenge:Advertisement

The News about the bankruptcy that was posted this past weekend has been a real heart breaker for me. I think that many of the fine people here in WC probably are feeling a little melancholy these days wondering how much longer we will be together and what will happen next. So, I decided that we needed to lighten the mood as did Natalie’s last topic for the Darkroom challenge.

In this challenge you are to take a photograph of something common or not common, big or small, old or new and add text to your photo creating an advertisement for your object. The twist is your description in your advertisement should be totally NOT what your object is intended to be used for.

Let’s be creative, let’s be crazy, let’s have fun.

This Challenge will end March 30, 2019

Guidelines:
    1) All photos submitted must be yours.
    2) All entries are to be posted directly by each member into this thread in the DARKROOM.
    3) You may post more than one image, however, please submit only one photo per post.
    4) We hope that his activity inspires you to shoot new images and not just pull from your archives. However, images from your archives WILL be allowed as long as your image has NOT been previously posted on Wet Canvas.
    5) You may use software to manipulate or enhance your images.
    6) Since this activity is running in the Darkroom Forum, Comments and Critiques are allowed and encouraged but not mandatory. Anyone, regardless of experience, can offer his/her reaction to a photo, because most of those posting in the Darkroom would appreciate your C&C.
    7) Please keep comments and critiques constructive.
    8) Every other Sunday, a new topic challenge will begin.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

chaffee

Great idea!
        Pic of Yellow Perch from ice fishing last Wednesday, (that fish struck a nice pose for me!), imported into Inkscape where I added the text…

Tim

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt" William Shakespeare

chaffee

and…

Tim

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt" William Shakespeare

Irishwhistler

Tim,
                Those are excellent.👍😂

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Dick

Dang Tim, this is right in your wheelhouse!

Dick Hutchings
                    Daniel Smith Essential 6 colors and Arches 140#

chaffee

Thank you gentlemen! Indeed, goofy humor and knock-offs with a twist I find exceptionally fun to do….

Tim

maryinasia

Love the idea and the ads!!!

Dreamin

Good ones, Tim! Very funny! I finally got one done……:thumbsup:

Natalie

These are friggin’ hilarious.

Ah geez, I am so happy right now. I didn’t know if anyone would take the time to do something like this and I got this great big grin on my face right now.

These are funny, Tim and Natalie.

Natalie, the way your mind works marvels me. That little red banner in the upper right really makes this look authentic. I feel so bad laughing at this picture though because it is somebody’s real house!

Time,
                                Your advertisement looks so authentic because of the fish, it looks just like the Red Sweedish Fish that I am addicted to. And I could use some of the Hare Dew…what a great and clever name for the product. Way to go.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                                Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

chaffee

Thank you Mary, Natalie and Lorell.
                                    Excellent and funny, Natalie! The way things are going with this crazy weather I believe all waterfront locations will be worthless in fairly short time,….”head for the hills!”, as they say

Anybody have a sleep issue?….

Tim

Tim,
                                    You are on a roll.
                                    I think you could get a job in marketing. Nothing that I am going to post is going to be as funny and clever as that. Your layout and presentation is so authentic looking.

Dreamin

Great image, Tim! I have that tool, hmmmmm……

Natalie

Another good one, Natalie. Sometimes I feel like I need to do that when I try connecting with the younger generation. But I have to admit, my kids are pretty good about picking up the phone or responding to my texts.

I think a lot a people could relate to your add.

Dreamin

Oh, NO! Lorell, I think you went too far!! ( LOL! I know some people who might benefit from these…. ;) )

Natalie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.