WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-12-2018, 03:30 PM
North East England.

Hails from England
Re: Weeders' Chatroom - pop in and relax a while!

Don't know how I've missed so much - renovations and sales/buying!

Connie - that will make a great Gallery space - so much room! the accommodation upstairs looks spacious too - and then the garden and outbuildings! Wow! Good luck with the purchase - and all the work!

Roy - lots of work for you too - looking forward to seeing the results of all your labour!

Mike - is Google Office free? ... I use Microsoft Office but don't like it and I hate Windows10 ........ it's running slower and slower and I can't 'restore' to an earlier point as I could with Windows7.
I've been gardening too - can still do most of it but have help with heavier work ......... this evening I tried using the big loppers to cut off dead branches from the apple tree - but it was heavy work trying to hold those big cutters high enough!
Today was my bowls day (I think Canada has another name for the game!) - played indoors though - haven't tried outdoors on a bowling green .......... and tomorrow is Tai chi class and then Bridge tomorrow evening - trying to fit painting in this week is well nigh impossible .. roll on Saturday and catch-up time!

Connie - lovely photo of bride and groom!

Bonnie - the speed you do things even the next 40 yrs could see you achieving shop/gallery and tea-rooms!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2018, 01:44 PM
A Local Legend
Calgary, AB

Hails from Canada

Connie... congrats to the newlyweds! lovely photo!

Maureen... i misspoke... google's office suite is Google Docs. Docs is the word processor and Sheets is the spreadsheet. it is a little weird and bare bones at first, but there are a lot of plugins you can get. You can find access to it on the google home page. you can also get for free openoffice.org, which is a little more comprehensive office package, and i use all the time. i am still a rookie at google docs.

that sounds like lawn bowling? not too common here. too many snow drifts.
What kind of pencil shall I use? 2B or not 2B?”
Spike Milligan

Last edited by mbeckett : 06-13-2018 at 01:48 PM.
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-15-2018, 07:44 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Thanks Mike

Yes, it's an indoor version of lawn bowls ... when I was looking for links on the web I found that Canada has a team! .... probably for the Commonwealth Games

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My SAA website**
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-15-2018, 04:46 PM
A Local Legend
Grand Haven, MI U.S.A.

Hails from United States

Wow, I've missed so much... Connie, great space for a gallery and that's a lovely shot of your son and his bride; Rye, what a project you're taking on. You are way more ambitious that we are. Bonnie, Maureen and Mike... I'm getting used to 10 but I don't think I'm ever going to like it. I can't get rid of Microsoft Office because to many of the documents that I use to send to the printer and documents that come to me from committees are from a Microsoft Office program; so far I'm still able to use the old version that I have but I know I will eventually have to bite the bullet and buy the newer version.

Still dealing with my former daughter-in-law moving about 100 miles away. During the school year my grandson only saw her every other weekend. This week is the first that he has spent a week with her since she moved. She's in a fairly large city and she works full time so he is going to have to be in daycare during the day. She also has her father who has hospice care living with her. There was an extensive custody battle over this change but our son feels like what resulted is fair, not what he would have liked for the boy but fair. We are looking forward to seeing both of them Father's Day,

#50   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-30-2018, 04:53 PM
A Local Legend
Grand Haven, MI U.S.A.

Hails from United States

I've had a week and a half of non-stop crisis stuff and finally Thursday was able to get into the studio.... two full days of sorting, deconstructing old books and starting some new works. Haven't had a chance to get to the wdes but may tomorrow. Meanwhile I have to share a find among the books... this one had a torn cover, spine and back but have a look at the page edges of this old photo album ....

I decided it needed to be a substrate for a collage which is in process...

Haven't figured out what to do with the spine yet there's time. I'm going slow with glueing the pages together.

#51   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2018, 05:57 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

What a find Helen! Gorgeous - never seen that before!

Hot over here - even in the north (well, hot for us at around 24C) ....... I have a brown lawn and drooping plants ...... but glorious sunsets - and it's so nice not to be muffled up with umpteen layers of clothes!

**My SAA website**
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2018, 12:13 PM
WC! Guide
Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Hi everybody! Beautiful wedding photo, Connie! I can't begin to catch up on everything, so I'll start from here.

I haven't painted (except for a painting for charity) since my husband died almost 11 months ago. I decided I need to be back here among my artsy friends, who will inspire me back to my "painting fool" self. I am sure I will be rusty and awkward, but I'm ready to give it a go. I hope to paint my first one tomorrow. Bring your sunglasses. I think I need some color.

My Blog * Uploading Images * WDE Participants' Guidelines * WDE Updated Guidelines (for newbies especially) * AMAE Forum Guidelines
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2018, 05:15 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Hi Beth - glad you came back to make art with us
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-08-2018, 04:16 AM
WC! Guide
Westbroek, The Netherlands

Hails from Netherlands

Hi Beth, good to hear from you again!
I hope painting helps you to get back on track.

#55   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-09-2018, 12:50 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

So good to have you back Beth ....... it takes time to pick life up again!
You are with friends here, so I hope coming back helps and brings the colour back, even a little!

**My SAA website**