Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Monday 24 February 2020

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    damar

Greeting All!
        Hope everyone had a great weekend.
        Another rainy day here today–all day.
        Glad we were able to get out Say & Sun.

This is from the Botanical Garden (Saturday)
        All of my photos here were taken with
        my little Nikon D3300 and 18-55 kit lens.
        (nothing great, just a pretty Feb day)

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
        Photos are ©2021
        damar

Public Notice #57
            I can spell
            I cannot type.

Photos are ©2021
            Anonymous

That does look like it was a pleasant day, Damar.

Last night’s dinner – Boston Baked Beans.About 5 hours of prep and cooking time plus 30 minutes of cleanup. But they turned out tasty…

[Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300 taken at 35mm, manual mode, 1/250 sec, f/4.2, ISO 500, processed in ACR & PSCS5]

Have a great week, everyone.

damar

They look great, Dave!
                    Very nice photo too!
                    :thumbsup:

Photos are ©2021

Good day, Patty & Dave,

You are looking good again this fine day. I can’t see you but that is what I would say if I met you for lunch today. We have a friend, actually my husband’s friend, who every time he sees us, he kisses me on the cheek and tells me how pretty I look, or something else that is very complimentary. He is 100% Irish, so I know it’s Blarney, but guess what, it sure makes me feel good.

So, Patty and Dave, “you’re looking mighty fine this afternoon “.

This morning I got up early and took the camera for a stroll on the beach. I took my fish eye lens with me and have not uploaded the photos yet but it sure was fun doing something different with the camera after 23 days of being here on AMI.

Dave, Thumbs up to the crock pot of Boston B B’s. 5 hours, wow! What ingredient did you use to add a little “smoke” to them. I assume that your beans have a little smoke in them, yes? I had a $14 BLT the other day at a fine dining restaurant on the water. Being the penny pincher that I USED TO BE, I am better now, it was hard to order a $14 BLT. It made it easier when I couldn’t find anything else on the menu that looks good.
                    Anyway, when I took a bite of the sandwich, I have to agree, that was THE BEST BLT I have ever had. It was made with Smoked Apple Wood Bacon and plenty of it. I love the drippings on the pot, Dave. I don’t know if I ever had Boston BB’s but they sure look good.

Patty,
                    Thanks for starting the daily for us. I feel so bummed every time that you say that there is rain in the forecast. That was a nice welcoming image to start today’s and the week’s daily.

See ya all later,
                    LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

damar

Hi Lorell!
                        Your DH’s friend is a true gentleman!
                        Not only a compliment to you, but a compliment to your DH’s
                        choice of a bride as well!
                        That is a beautiful basket of shells!
                        You never had Boston Bakes Beans???
                        Get out your cookbook and tweak to taste!
                        Any covered casserole
                        or cast iron Dutch oven will do.

I did get some people photos (at the Gardens) but will spread them out over the week in case
                        I don get out much in the next few days

Photos are ©2021
                        DesertDarlene

You guys are so good!

I actually found this picture while looking for another picture on my computer. It wasn’t one of the original Alaska pictures I processed.

These are western sandpipers in breeding colors in Hartney Bay in Cordova, AK. Actually, this picture was taken near the Henley Trail, not on the actual bay side.

Welcome to the Desert

Blog , Hubpages My New Bird Blog
                            Canon Digital Rebel T3, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Gimp, and PE 2.0

damar

Hi Darlene!
                                Hope are are doing well!
                                Doesn’t look like the sandpipers
                                minded you being there!
                                I like how they reflect in the water.

Photos are ©2021
                                DesertDarlene

Thanks. Birds don’t seem to mind me much, especially when I was buy myself. However, this time I was with a group, but they were too busy trying to eat and not get caught by the merlin nearby.

Welcome to the Desert

Blog , Hubpages My New Bird Blog
                                    Canon Digital Rebel T3, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Gimp, and PE 2.0

Anonymous

Love that shell photo, Lorell. For the Boston Baked Beans I didn’t add any smoke flavoring except for whatever smokiness came from the chunks of smoked turkey. I did spice it up with crushed red pepper flakes for today’s lunch.

Beautiful floral, Damar. I really like the diagonal of the leaves – that pure & rich green sure sets off the pink blossoms,

Hi Darlene; good to “see” you. Your photo of the sandpipers is a definite keeper.

damar

Thanks Dave!
                                            I bet the smoked turkey in the beans was pretty good!
                                            Always kick it up a notch! Same here!
                                            Do you have a fine collection of hot sauces in your fridge or pantry?
                                            :b

Photos are ©2021
                                            Anonymous

Thanks Dave!
                                                I bet the smoked turkey in the beans was pretty good!
                                                Always kick it up a notch! Same here!
                                                Do you have a fine collection of hot sauces in your fridge or pantry?
                                                :b

My son gave me a series of hot sauces; 6 or 7 bottles ranging from mild to scorching. My daughter has given me a variety of spices she picked up on her international travels. Other than these, I have several spice jars of ground hot peppers; some store bought and some home-grown & dried then hand ground. I agree – always kick it up a notch (or 2 or 3; maybe 5 or 6).

damar

LOL..funny how we can built up a tolerance!
                                                    Well, I love growing little red chiles..still have a bunch. I have a store bought Jamaica Sauce I’m fond of.
                                                    I may grow chiles this year even if I don’t need them.

Photos are ©2021

Patty, that looks like a Begonia of some kind. What a pleasing color it is.

Darlene, We have tons of sandpipers on the beach here on Anna Marie Island. I think they are so cute but impossible to photograph. They are so quick moving and constantly moving along the shoreline. The follow the waves IN and OUT, IN and OUT, … Maybe in a setting like yours, they would be more stationary (is that with an e or a? Too lazy to look it up now) . I love your shot of them. Yes, they are definitely busy.

Glad you stopped in and when you find that photo you were looking for, come on back and show us.

LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                                                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.