Home Forums Explore Media Photography Digital Manipulation Discussions Crop a big image into several small size pictures using GIMP 2.10.10?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    MDRI

Crop a big image into several small size pictures using GIMP 2.10.10?
        =====================================================================

I want to split/slice an image digitally using GIMP 2.10.10. I need all these sliced pieces to place in the same canvas with white background.

I tried the steps suggested on the internet. I am not able to find this one working for recent GIMP 2.10 tool. I tried

1) Image > Guides > New Guides (by Percent) at 25% 50% 75% horizontal and vertical resp. This is doable in GIMP 2.10

2) Apply Image > Transform > Guillotine to slice into sub-images

I am not able to find Guillotine under image/transform. Where did this move to in GIMP 2.10?

Do we need to do this slicing differently in GIMP 2.10?

How do I bring the sliced pieces to one canvas?

I tried the steps showed in youtube video for GIMP 2.8, but those steps are not working for GIMP 2.10.

Thanks for your guidance.

MDRI, I am really sorry but I can be of no help.
        I do not use GIMP. Hopefully someone else will be able to solve your problem.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

MDRI

Thanks for weighing in Are there any other forums to get help on GIMP ?

chaffee

Hi MDRI, I’m far from proficient in GIMP, but if that internet method isn’t working, I’d probably try this off the top of my head….

Open your image and flatten it.

Make a grid overlay on this photo to match the size (proportion) and number of smaller pics you want.

Now using the square select tool, select one square of your overlay grid, copy and then paste into a new canvas.

Repeat this process until you have the full collection of mini pics, each on its own new canvas.

There may be a much quicker way, but up against the wall I’d give this a whirl.

Good luck!

Tim

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt" William Shakespeare

frodron

If you are still having trouble with GIMP you could create a number of copies of the picture. Then, using the Clipping Tool in Windows, cut out the size of each picture you require from each of the copies and use them.
                    I hope this makes sense.

Cherish yesterday,dream tomorrow,live today

MDRI

Thanks for weighing in.

Is it possible to form a hold on image using GIMP?

Are there any other tools to do that?

Thanks for sharing.

frodron

I am not sure what you mean.

MDRI

Thanks. I was asking about,

Is it possible to form a hole on image using GIMP to show background color (outer color inside the hole)?

Are there any other tools to do that?

Thanks for sharing.

frodron

First of all make a picture of the background colour the same size as the picture you are working on.
                                    Make a layer out of your picture and use the eraser to cut out the hole then place the picture over the colour picture. In other words place the layer over the background colour
                                    Hope that makes sense to you

frodron

There is a website called “GIMP Forum” where there are people who are more expert about GIMP than me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.