Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art Marsh Wight (acrylic)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Classic fantasy style. :)

18″x23″ Acrylic on hardboard.

[ATTACH]857565[/ATTACH]

WoodyWelch

I love the stance of the female warrior….there’s gonna be trouble!!! Good job!!! :0

Attalus

Second Woody’s comment. Her stance indicates both surprise and resolve. I hope she is left handed :)

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

Very good work!

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
            Every painting is a new adventure.

Boafamily

Love this and it takes me back to my childhood love of all the fantasy greats.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind replies. :)

I hope she is left handed :)

OMG you noticed that! I wondered if anyone would. :lol:

I couldn’t find a decent reference pose, and cannot afford to hire a model, and so used my Halloween costume to pose for the reference picture. But it was oriented the other way, and as I began drawing I realized I didn’t like it. For some reason it just felt like it didn’t read as well. So, rather than go through all the trouble of the costume and setup again, I just horizontally mirrored the picture via graphics program. So she ended up left handed.

In such pictures, I have some kind of weird issue with the protagonist being on the left. I do not know why. It just feels wrong to me.

SusietheModel

You could just do what Attalus did: lure innocent young girls into your studio with promises of pot roast and potatoes. It worked really well. :angel:
                    Seriously, that is a great pic. :clap: Could the left-handed thing be about the eye entering the pic from the left and taking in the cold wight? And then Milady Southpaw? :clear::wave:

[FONT=hinted-Graphik, Helvetica, Arial]" A woman's reach should exceed her grasp, or what's a heaven for?"
                    Attalus

Yeh, you follow the Wight’s gaze to the fighter. If it were mirrored, I dunno

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

I think it’s great. There’s so much action and drama.

I like the left right orientation too.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                        Find me on Instagram
                        Find me on Facebook

talisman

Rebecca, Welcome to our little corner of Wet Canvas!
                            Fantastic artwork!
                            I love the action and drama, it looks like a paperback book cover, that is a big complement, it makes me want to know more of the story and read the book.
                            I hope to see more of your artworks.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                            C and C always welcome.
                            My DeviantArt Gallery

Might be a classic style ( I see Kelly, Frazetta,etc) But Still Excellent.

Sweet, love how you can actually feel them looking directly at each other. Great capture of the emotions of the moment.

Draad

Hello,

Nice painting! I really like what you did with the forest and the monster, but … where are his genitals ? ˆˆ

Only one thing I don’t like, the girl’s hairs looks non natural compared to others elements.

Attalus

Hello,

Nice painting! I really like what you did with the forest and the monster, but … where are his genitals ? ˆˆ

Any kind of Wight is a magical creature. They do not reproduce sexually, so…no need for genitals! :angel:

SusietheModel

I still like it, with or without gonads, but what I wanna know is where the front of her bra disappeared to? I mean, bra straps are uncomfortable enough if you don’t get that “lift and seperate” thing.:lol:

[FONT=hinted-Graphik, Helvetica, Arial]" A woman's reach should exceed her grasp, or what's a heaven for?"
                                      Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.