WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Plein Air
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Langley, BC

Hails from Canada
Guerilla Umbrellas, any good?

Hey guys,

I have a Guerilla 9x12 pochade box and was wondering what the verdict was on their brand of umbrellas?

I was looking at the free standing unit that sticks into the ground (The Shade Buddy). The one that attaches to the box looks interesting but could be a disaster if the wind picks up no?

Thanks for your sugestions!
Bryan
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Enthusiast
The O.C., SoCal

Hails from United States
Re: Guerilla Umbrellas, any good?

GP stuff is usually good, but suggest you peruse www.artworkessentials.com web for their following new umbrella, I've enjoyed using same these past two months.
UMK-45Plein Air Umbrella Kit A larger plein air umbrella is avaialble now. With a 45" diameter umbrella, weighing about two pounds and consisting of three simple parts with total folded length of 26" to carry in the luggage, this new umbrella kit is perfect for artists on the go, for French easel, Soltek and pochade with tripod easel setup. Unlike most plein air umbrellas, the EASyL umbrella can be clamped to an artistˇ¦s tripod to prevent damage to the easel and its height is adjustable and can accommodate even the tallest artist. It has a silver coating on the outside that provides protection against the sun's harmful UV rays, and the black interior helps to remove reflective or excessive light.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Langley, BC

Hails from Canada
Re: Guerilla Umbrellas, any good?

Thanks boomer!
I really like the look of this, this looks superior to the guerilla make...