Patrick, Eilis, Sue, Irfan
and Diana, thanks for the vote of confidence.
Angela...I used a combination of sepia and ultramarine blue (staying on the brown side), Ampersand inks, for the background...the color isn't true in the previous post...even though I have daylight florescents it still looks a bit yellow.
Todays update...the color is much truer.
Today I used:
1st) sepia and blue combo (diluted) again and blotted with tissue paper. My intention was to make this part recede.
2nd) hit and miss across the top I used the combo, this time on the blue side, for color ...again I blotted with tissue as I went, for texture.
3) near the bottom, as I wanted it to appear warmer/closer, I added red and a touch of yellow to my combo.
I will probably sand this now with some steel wool or the fiber brush to soften and blur the upper part...I may add more color after I see how it looks.
Don't know when my next update will be... my batteries are almost dead in my camera and I don't have any spares.
Actually I do but for some reason the news ones won't work.
Oh and looky here, Diana...some closeups
Top right corner
Lower left by the 1st elephant's foot.