WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Drawing and Sketching > The Classroom
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#286   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2018, 07:23 PM
Veteran Member

Re: Basic 101: Class 13 - Outdoor Still Life

Last thing, to shade so layered with wooden pencils I know that I can not much (although doubts and that centers also partly the macchaiato sheet because in another sheet or in white space if I try it was + homogeneous shading and less stained), in each case a year ago when I tried it was with 2mm mechanics, bits straedler hb with pencil and 2b that I had taken but now I do not have the various degrees, I only had one hour hb
O 2b and 4b of other 2marche that were parse + cost-effective but once you tried I was not there I found much and 2b, this 2b then it was just a type made to be more durable I think, however, it is more similar to hb I have. ,
so 2 mm mechanics now I was no longer using them to try to learn to use traditional pencils.
I think maybe I have to try then to change method or pencils or try better.
Prersonal feeling and that mechanical shading are preferred and much, while others for sketching, sketching the design, for skeleton make life easier. But it is also something personal and you can not have everything. or maybe yes, alternating between them. Even if more than that and I thought that before choosing I had to learn to use both means and I would return to wooden pencils because it is more convenient to have them in all grades first and then eventually the single degree.
  #287   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-27-2018, 06:23 AM
Veteran Member

Hi, I tried to take pictures, outdoors, in an area with shade.
I made about 6/7 shots, (I do not know if they can go, I send 3 because I can not choose, I hope at least one can serve), I'm sorry and thank you again.

Have a very nice weekend

#288   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-27-2018, 06:35 AM
Veteran Member

A very last thing, (in this design (apart from that it was to be live drawing) maybe I did not use it a lot and not well but in the previous class, for the animals this had greatly improved the result) as learned from previous classes in comments o / and in the references
then I passed the photo used for grayscale reference for help, for idea, I wanted to ask you
this is something that actually advises, or can go against when trying to draw from life or I can do it, grayscale tips or is cheating.
But by the way, now, I want, I have to print the Value Scale that was linked in a post of the previous classes

Last edited by joe1It : 10-27-2018 at 06:50 AM.
  #289   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-28-2018, 04:29 AM
A village near Antwerp

Hails from Belgium

Joe -
Those photos are usable
They confirm what I thought, the way for improvement for the moment is to put more variation in the intermediate tones.
Another point to consider - for example the plants - is to draw more attention to the subject (by tone or by sharp-fuzzy contrast) in relation to the background.
My advice now is not to stay too long on the same problem, please move on to next class

Drawing and Sketching Forum Guide for D&S Classroom
  #290   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-28-2018, 07:47 AM
Veteran Member

happy that photos are served.
Thank you so much for all your help and your patience.OK, thanks.
And that I really care about learning and also I really regret if I introduce you something sloppy or incomplete or not up to par because I really appreciate your help and that deserves better answers.
I will try to present less flat works, I will reread the topic and make that print that I think will be useful then both for reminder and to better understand.
The next one is one of the different classes that are very close to my heart. I would like to do as many exercises as possible and then study them any link and post. I would like to try a lot and post how much you can post but in doing so I will try to avoid rants, possibly to analyze better what I write. Thank you and I wish you a happy Sunday