Home Forums Explore Media Fiber Arts my weekly stitched patches

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Helen

Rather than a new thread every time I finish one, I’ll post them here. That may help me keep at it. Hopefully the stitching will improve as I go through the year.

"I get up, I walk, I fall down, meanwhile I keep on dancing." Hillel

Lena

That looks interesting, not meaning to sound negative. I have a hard time doing things like this. I can hear my mother and aunts scolding about leaving raw edges and it not being functional.
            On my fb I am following a page that often shows these kinds of things. They call them meditations.

Doll Art by Lena

Debby

Is the top piece of fabric hand dyed? I like how it picks up the blue from the denim then morphs into a peachy-red color.

Debby
                Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Helen

Week 2

Helen

Is the top piece of fabric hand dyed? I like how it picks up the blue from the denim then morphs into a peachy-red color.

Yes Debbie, but I didn’t dye it myself

Debby

Lovely way to try out decorative stitches and other elements.

Debby
                            Guide - Fiber Art Forum

What a great idea!

I liked the sort of mixed media look of the first and on the second the stitches are so pretty. Well done!

Can’t wait to see more. :)

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                            Find me on Instagram
                            Find me on Facebook

Helen

We had snow yesterday so last night’s addition was the white French knots.

Debby

Adding “snow” to your patch was a great idea.

Debby
                                    Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Retiree

I think these are all quite lovely and I bet fun to do. Are you practising these stitches for a larger project? Or are these patches going to be part of a larger project?

Christina

Helen

Christina, I think they wil eventually be added to a denim quilt i started a few years back but put away while working on other projects. But that thought could change. Whatever it ends up being it is practice…. and something to keep my hands busy while watching tv with my spouse.

French knots are the bane of my existence but I love how they look. Yours are so perfect!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                                            Find me on Instagram
                                            Find me on Facebook

Helen

French knots are the bane of my existence but I love how they look. Yours are so perfect!

I love French knots but they took me forever to get right. Still mess up once in awhile but I keep at them.

Helen

Here’s my week 4. I may cover some of the stitches above and below the fabric with more fabric but that will depend on what I end up doing with the patches. For now, it’s on the pile and I’ll start a new one tonight.

Debby

The blue scrap of fabric is very pretty. Are you making an effort to try different stitches or just going with the flow?

Debby
                                                        Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.