WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > WetCanvas Member News and Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-06-2005, 06:11 AM
A WC! Legend
She who rambles

Hails from United Kingdom
London! Ok, time to get together!

It's been ages since we all got together... I suggest a drawing day at Kew Gardens in September. I'm free all weekdays (unfortunately working weekends again). They're open 9.30-5.30 right now (post-Sept 5th hours). http://www.rbgkew.org.uk/

Tina
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2005, 05:21 AM
A Local Legend
London

Re: London! Ok, time to get together!

I'd be keen to do this - and have been meaning to go to Kew anyway - but October might suit me better than September.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2005, 10:26 AM
A WC! Legend
She who rambles

Yep, whenever! October is VERY busy for me (two end of year exams for Open Univ and then holiday to Berlin on the 21st), but a day away from the books would be great!

Hmm... wonder where everyone else is.... Ali? Jez? Dave? helloooooooo????

Tina.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-13-2005, 08:16 AM
Lord of the Arts
Oxford, UK

Anyone fancy a trip to Oxford sometime? I'd like to join in one of these (if you don't mind a newbie crashing your party!), but might not be able to make it to London mid-week.

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-14-2005, 07:30 PM
A Local Legend
London

Oxford sounds good too - I'm trying to remember the last time I was there and I think we might be talking a very long time!

If this starts to take off and you get round to discussing dates etc do PM me - I'm trying to remember to look every so often but am not being too successful!
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-14-2005, 07:47 PM
A Local Legend
London UK

Hi - I'm up for any meeting - my time's fairly flexible, so suggest what suits, and chances are I'll be in on it

Dave
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-16-2005, 07:15 AM
London

I'm currently drastically short of contracts, so could do weekdays some time over the next few weeks - either late Sept or Oct are fine for me. Of course that could all change in a moment if something comes up workwise.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-03-2005, 09:25 AM

If you'd like to do this with the Toynbee Art Club, we discussed a visit to Kew only a week ago - our treasurer, Richard, is a "friend of Kew", and would get us all in for free. If you want to join us ( or we join you?) contact the Toynbee Art Club. We are already getting together for plein air painting on a regular basis, and anyone is more than welcome to come along and paint with us - at present we meet up on Friday afternoons ( 2pm) at the roundabout on the corner of globe road and old ford road at victoria park (hackney) is where we meet up - we then go down to paint along the regents canal, and also in the park itself. Check to website to see if there are any changes, or call beforehand - my number is 07957485365 or 02077090841

-Evan.

http://www.toynbeehallartclub.org
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-03-2005, 10:35 AM
A WC! Legend
She who rambles

Evan - your group sounds great! I might be tempted to come over to Hackney one day... would 'guests' be welcome?

I'm afraid I broke down and went to Kew last week on my own. It was FABULOUS! The glass exhibition is truely amazing. I'm really stressed at the moment (doing freelance design work that's essentially fulltime, studying for 2 final exams at uni, and preparing for an exhibition) and just had to escape on day. If anyone's interested the cycle path from Putney Bridge to Kew along the river is lovely - you're offroad in the trees the whole way.

Tina.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2005, 01:00 PM

Yes Tina, Toynbee is open to all and sundry, no pre-booking needed either. Just turn up. Wetcanvasers are most welcome.
If we get to the point where there are too many people trying to get in to our sessions, we will either reimpose our membership/joining fee, or just start to put on extra sessions. Probably the latter.
So yes, feel free to turn up. I think there are others who come in from West London as well.
Just check the website
www.toynbeehallartclub.org
before heading over to see if we're meeting on the Sunday you want to come along...should be no problems at all. For five quid, you get a model, plus tea coffee and biscuits. ....

Evan.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2005, 06:33 PM

We had a productive plein air painting sesssion tonight - we met up at 2pm along the regents park Canal, you'd have seen us if you looked over the parapet of the Old Ford Road where it crosses the Canal, near the junction with Sewardstone road. We painted until dark.

If you want to join us, we will be there next week at 2pm, meeting up along the canal in the same location, next to the lock, exactly as described above. (If you look at an A-Z streetmap, you can see the lock is shown on the canal)

So, if you want to paint outdoors, or draw outdoors, please come along. There were four of us today.
Evan.