WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Digital Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-22-2017, 01:26 PM
Veteran Member
Beautiful NW Washington

Hails from United States
Galaxy Tab s3 or...?

Hey everyone,

So I've been playing around with Artrage and Autodesk on my phone and I feel like I may want to purchase a tablet of some sort.

This tablet would be used for hobby sketching, especially when traveling, Netflix, maybe some reading, Kindle app, occasional games... basic unfancy use.

I like the idea of the tab s3 with s-pen, although the price point is a little higher than I'd like to spend.

Can you all recommend a decent tablet perhaps less expensive than the s3? If a stylus isn't included, can you recommend a favorite universal stylus for said device?

Thanks!

Toni

Attached a couple super quick sketches I did on my phone. (Couldnt get the Mountain icon to work)
Attached Images

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-23-2017, 10:31 AM
A WC! Legend
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada
Re: Galaxy Tab s3 or...?

Unfortunately, anything decent will cost a lot. Check the resolution, if it's low you might not be satisfied with it later. Unless you know for sure you will only be sketching with it.

At least with Samsung you can add storage. I prefer iPad myself, but that is mostly because my favourite painting app isn't made for Android. Also not sure if there is a good stylus that works with Android.

mkmcreations.com
Every painting is a new adventure.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-25-2017, 05:16 AM
Enthusiast

Re: Galaxy Tab s3 or...?

I've just being getting a "Simbans Picasso" tablet, it is excellent quality & really cheap . It comes with it's own stylus which is good it has plenty of storage & & the choice to double it if you want with a card.
It has plenty of power speed & lag are not problem in the least.
Incredibly for the computing field it has excellent back up too!
This is THE way to go at the moment.
Mike

Last edited by pedlars pen : 08-25-2017 at 05:27 AM.