Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art March Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art Monthly Challenge and Chat!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    talisman

[FONT=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif,&quot][FONT=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif,&quot]March 2018

[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]GUIDELINES:
        On the first of each month a subject, concept or idea will be posted in a thread entitled Fantasy Science Fiction Monthly Challenge and Chat.

All entries must be new original artworks for this challenge in any style or genre of Fantasy or Science Fiction done in any medium, 2D or 3D.
        Join in the discussion about the project – it’s friendly and fun to learn how others are coping/struggling/thriving!!! But no visual images! Help can be gained from asking but also from looking for resource materials elsewhere such as the Reference Image Library or best of all your own wonderful imagination!
        A ‘reveal’ date for all is 21th of the month – that gives us a little over 3 weeks to make the work, plus few extra days for latecomers, feel free to post till the end of the month, then a new Challenge will be posted.

Please post the finished artwork on this thread at that time.

[/FONT][/COLOR] The Challenge this month is “Personality Self Portrait”

This is a continuation of self reflection, last month we faced our Greatest Fear.
        This month do an artwork of your true self.
        It doesn’t have to look like you, it doesn’t need to be the same sex, it doesn’t even need to be human!
        So are you a fierce warrior, a sexy siren, a sage conjurer or an alien just here to observe?
        Or someone else?
        [/SIZE]
        [FONT=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif,&quot]
        [/FONT]
        [/B][/SIZE]

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
        C and C always welcome.
        My DeviantArt Gallery

Wooo, that’s a thinking one!

Got a great idea for this one, popped right into my head. I love when that happens, now for the execution!

Speaking of dogs, to continue February’s conversation. I was awoken at 1am by a dog wanting to play. He brought in a couple different toys before I finally got up and then he was dancing around and was very sad when I made him go to bed. then he woke me up at 3:30am. This seems to be a new habit for him. He’s going to be 11 this month and I think he’s lost his little dog mind.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

I guess I should be glad my dog sleeps all night, even if it is on my head. She usually prefers Daddy’s pillow though.

Hmm, my true self… for some reason I keep thinking of animals.

Continuing from last month, that’s a really nice space you have Dianna. You just need to get the heat and air working.

We’ve been getting a hint of spring here, quite a bit of melting going on, but still lots of snow left.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
        Every painting is a new adventure.

WoodyWelch

GOT IT!!!! :clap: It took a couple of minutes to think about, but I have the image in my mind. Now I just have to do it. :D

Attalus

Suze called at lunch and I asked her what she thought my true self would look like. Long pause. ” A horny angel.” :angel:
                I don’t think I should go with that. :(

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

talisman

Virginia, Poor Doggie, maybe you should play with him and tucker him out.:wink2:

Michelle, Someday we hope to fix it but for now it’s nice storage and just really nice not to have idiots behind us, peace of mind is priceless!

Bill, a horny Angel, could have the halo supported by the horns.:rolleyes:

Woody glad you have an Idea!

I have mine and I also get to combine it with the quote one from Acrylics!:smug:

C and C always welcome.
                    My DeviantArt Gallery

Attalus

Bill, a horny Angel, could have the halo supported by the horns.:rolleyes:

I have a glimmering. Suze has been making outlandish suggestions all evening long, but she is now gone into her bathroom for her evening witchery. Me, I’m getting into my PJs and going to bed! G’night, all!:)

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

lol Dianna. We bought our neighbours house so that we wouldn’t have to worry about who would move in next. It’s small and old and the last guy didn’t like small bathroom so he removed the wall between the bathroom and hallway, so it needs work. We’re using it to store some stuff.

You got me thinking about how I can combine the projects too.

mkmcreations.com

Attalus

Okay, came up with an idea I like during a temporarily sleepless state this morning. It’s gonna be mixed media, watercolors and ink and pencils. I think …:crossfingers: Susie likes it and offered to pose for her part. :heart:

I get most of my ideas when I’m tired, oddly enough. I think my brain gets more efficient.

I saw a leucistic Red-tailed Hawk today. Leucistic, is kind of like being an albino but with normal pigmented eyes. It was in a field. We were on the highway, so I took a picture but it’s a bit fuzzy, we were quite far. It was really cool to see.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                            Find me on Instagram
                            Find me on Facebook

Attalus

Cool, Virginia. The undergrowth on our tree line have started to bud out. We got really excited when we saw that. Much better than the “first snowflake.” :wink2:

talisman

lol Dianna. We bought our neighbours house so that we wouldn’t have to worry about who would move in next. It’s small and old and the last guy didn’t like small bathroom so he removed the wall between the bathroom and hallway, so it needs work. We’re using it to store some stuff.

You got me thinking about how I can combine the projects too.

That’s why we bought the Chicken Shack also!
                                    Peace of Mind knowing that idiots don’t live there anymore.
                                    The place needs work but it is “usable”. Storage is always welcome.
                                    Now if only the other neighbors silly dogs would remember we live here life would be so peaceful. Every time we come home or do anything in the yard they lose their tiny little doggie minds!

C and C always welcome.
                                    My DeviantArt Gallery

talisman

I get most of my ideas when I’m tired, oddly enough. I think my brain gets more efficient.

I saw a leucistic Red-tailed Hawk today. Leucistic, is kind of like being an albino but with normal pigmented eyes. It was in a field. We were on the highway, so I took a picture but it’s a bit fuzzy, we were quite far. It was really cool to see.

That would be cool to see!
                                        Is it all white or does it have some buff colors patterns in the feathers?

C and C always welcome.
                                        My DeviantArt Gallery

That bird does sound cool.

mkmcreations.com

Attalus

Three days ago, we first heard the cry of the Great Horned Owl that we listened to last year.
                                            Me: “Took him long enough to get back.”
                                            S.: “Maybe it’s a different owl.”
                                            Me: “I hope not. I’m not sure I am ready for a change of owl at my time of life.”
                                            S.: *elbows me in the stomach*

:lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 207 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.