WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Café Guerbois
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#586   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-16-2009, 11:11 AM
A Local Legend
CA

Hails from United States
Re: Stormy Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by persephone_returns

I wish I could give you a sensation of how it felt. Photographs seem to make all the waves smaller, and that static instant freezes the endless movement.

The taste of salt spray on tongue and skin...........sea-foam flying inland like snow...........every intake of breath so like ice that it strikes you alive..........the air moving so fast that you have to force your way through it or lie back against it.................and the constant roar of waves and wind so loud that you have to shout to a friend just beside you to be heard.

Adventures like these have been the most memorable with friends. All inhibitions gone. Just play and laughter and screaming out for the joy of feeling so alive, and the intense beauty of it all.

Sephie, I grew up living a block from the Ocean in Scituate, a small town in Massachsetts, it was the closest point of land in North America to Europe. The NorEAst storms were amazing and thrilling. Nature whipping herself into an ecstatic frenzy of cold, wind and foam, spray charging the air with electricity and pensive power. When a storm was on the way I wouldd scramble down to the shore and watch as the waves grew ever higher and the energy built itself into all encompassing wonder. The frigid winds whipping my hair against my face, my eyers squinted against sand and debris which had become the breath of the storm. I was alive, truly, blissfully, eternally alive in those precious moments, hours and days of wonder. Each storm was different, having a life and character of its own. Each one had a special howl that engulfed us in the eternal, it was as if the land and sea were making monumental, ferocious love to each other.

Never in my life have I felt more alive, more at one with nature, more purely invigorated and unimaginably happy. Sharing the wonder has forged an unbreakable bond between the sea and I. These were by far, the most purely alive and happy moments of my life.

"It feels like snow" he said, "and it was all there, all the sadness and all silveryness in a single sentence." ~ George Frazier

Last edited by Dallen : 08-16-2009 at 11:18 AM.
  #587   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Henderson, Nevada

Hails from United States
Re: Stormy Weather

Here are some pictures of the cactus blossoms earlier this year. I am just amazed at the amount of fruit on them, this is the most loaded they have been in the 22 years I've had them.

"Don't think, feel, let your hands do it. Your hands are wiser than your head will ever be." Bagger