WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Student's Dorm
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2007, 11:11 PM
The Land of Enchantment

Hails from United States
Schools to study Art History

I'm currently a junior in high school and am starting my search for a college. I was wondering if anyone could suggest to me colleges that have a good art history department, because I'm interested in becoming a museum curator as my career choice or at least a job within the field of art history. I'm positive I won't change my mind. I have a few preferences though. I want the college to be near an art museum that could offer me internships, the school needs to offer a Certificate of Museum Studies, and I really don't like to drive, so good public transportation is always a nice thing. Location isn't a big deal for me and I have a strong academic standing. I'm also pretty sure I can deal with a high financial demand. My top choice so far is Boston University. I would really love to get some insight on this. ♥
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Lord of the Arts

Re: Schools to study Art History

While "colleges" might not have art museums, many of the large universities do. My school was University of Texas, Austin where there is a brand-new museum of art as well as other museums on campus. The College of Art has its own museum where rotating exhibitions are mounted, including the student exhibits for both undergrad and grad students (MFA thesis show, for example).

An added bonus is the College of Art library which is as large if not larger than many big city public libraries - and it's devoted to art references of all types (visual, performing, and music).

Very wise to begin looking at this at your age. Best of luck to you!

Postscript: Are you currently attending school in New Mexico. If so, have you checked into UNM's MFA program for "Museum Studies?"

Last edited by Enchanted : 12-16-2007 at 11:53 AM.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-16-2007, 05:03 PM
The Land of Enchantment

Hails from United States
Re: Schools to study Art History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted
While "colleges" might not have art museums, many of the large universities do. My school was University of Texas, Austin where there is a brand-new museum of art as well as other museums on campus. The College of Art has its own museum where rotating exhibitions are mounted, including the student exhibits for both undergrad and grad students (MFA thesis show, for example).

An added bonus is the College of Art library which is as large if not larger than many big city public libraries - and it's devoted to art references of all types (visual, performing, and music).

Very wise to begin looking at this at your age. Best of luck to you!

Postscript: Are you currently attending school in New Mexico. If so, have you checked into UNM's MFA program for "Museum Studies?"

I actually live extremely close to UNM, but I'm not very intersted in going there. Though I had decided before that I was at least going to apply to be on the safe side. Thanks for the advise.