Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting from my painting a day series

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

[ATTACH]862499[/ATTACH]
    oil on canvas 8″x 10″

[ATTACH]862500[/ATTACH]
    oil on canvas-board 8″ x 10″

[ATTACH]862501[/ATTACH]
    oil on canvas 8″ x 10″

AnnieA

Hey, John, these are really fun, and very distinctive. They all seem to have an unseen story to tell. Love the color choices, as always. My only quibble is that the first guy looks about ready to pull an Isadora Duncan! j/k Seriously, I like them a lot – well done!

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
        [FONT=Palatino]
        “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

You are right there Annie – he does now that I see it. These are landscapes
        that haven’t worked out – so what can one do? I make cartoons out of them
        or try to.

kentiessen

An admirable and interesting goal- I think you’ll discover many new directions to follow. ‘Finishes’ are often necessary but overrated-

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com
            Comments or Critiques welcomed...always!

ronsu18

the energy in the first one is my favourite, the handling of the complements is inspiring. your colors always defy understanding and just connect.

C&C welcome

AnnieA

John, I really was just kidding about the scarf thing. I actually like the painting a lot – it’s my favorite of the three – and think it adds a lot of energy and movement to the piece.

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
                    [FONT=Palatino]
                    “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.