Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    beebluefern

I’m experimenting with these two media to see if they are compatible in any way for mixed media drawing/painting. If others have done this, I’d love to see your work. I managed to get decent marks with the two, but not happy with my paper choice. I’m going to try some archival construction paper and some softer Canson drawing paper with re-touch spray for the pastel. It did work quite well with very light coloring of the crayon and a layer of soft pastel on top, then tapped to get the loose bits off and then sprayed to seal. As I said, just experimenting, but I am really encouraged so far with this one little sketch on some very cheap pastel paper.
        I know that there are a few artists that work with Crayola successfully (Don Marco), and that is greatly encouraging. The pallet range is practically endless with Crayola as it is with soft pastels. They could be a marriage made in artistic heaven!

Whatever you do, Do from the heart.
        Col. 3:23

Now that is an unlikely duo I’ve never seen anyone use together before, so this will be definitely worth pulling up a chair to watch and see how it goes.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

ronsu18

the texture of this paper translates beautifully through both media. looks like the you have all you need for this year’s christmas cards!

C&C welcome

beebluefern

Now that is an unlikely duo I’ve never seen anyone use together before, so this will be definitely worth pulling up a chair to watch and see how it goes.

It seems quite unlikely for sure, Kay! I hope to get some experimenting done this week-the weekend was just way too busy to even try to get back to it. Pulling out the papers, fixative, pastels and crayons and see what I can come up with!

beebluefern

the texture of this paper translates beautifully through both media. looks like the you have all you need for this year’s christmas cards!

The texture is not my favorite with this paper. It is supposed to be pastel paper, but holds practically nothing and the design of it is deeply embossed no matter which side I use. I have a great deal of it, so I will use it for practice and possibly try it as a part of a watercolor card-draw on it then cut it out and attach to the card. It’s also quite slick as well as textured.

ladypainter

An interesting combo. I look forward to seeing more.:)

Elinor:wave:
                        "keep your own time tickin"

beebluefern

An interesting combo. I look forward to seeing more.:)

Thank you Elinor!

CarlyHardy

Crayola makes a water soluble crayon too which I use for sketching outside. When you wet it with a brush…it acts like watercolor. Have used that for an underpainting for pastels before.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.