Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    vegaskip

RAF Typhoon drops into a front line airstrip in Normandy to refuel and re arm shortly after D Day
        One of two small sketches just for my own pleasure.
        9” X 9” I think
        Jim
        [ATTACH]863249[/ATTACH]

tmwilliams

The sky is marvelous!

vegaskip

Here is the second one
                [ATTACH]863252[/ATTACH]

astaman

Wonderful paintings again Jim. The movement in the second one is particularly impressive. I’m too young to remember them but my Hawker Typhoon Airfix model was always precious to me. Partly I think because they got talked about a lot less than Spitfires and Hurricanes. Maye too becauseI had an uncle from Ormiston who worked on them as ground crew during and just after the war and spoke warmly of them.

vegaskip

Thanks John. On our trip to Russia we had an ex Typhoon pilot with us, (he fliew the Hurricanes off Argus and operated with them from Vaenga) the pics are with him now.
                        Jim

sjs

Another cracker, Jim!

Sarah

' In the depths of winter I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer ' Albert Camus

tmwilliams

After playing (practicing…) today on some P51s – I have that much more respect for your skill and talent. Lots of years of work in these…and it shows.

vegaskip

After playing (practicing…) today on some P51s – I have that much more respect for your skill and talent. Lots of years of work in these…and it shows.

One of my P51s the crew chief is too big, but not to worry.
                                    Jim

[ATTACH]863277[/ATTACH]

tmwilliams

I’m probably breaking a forum rule…but here are mine. I posted them yesterday in the learning zone. I did three. I’m not particularly happy with them, from the muddled background to muddle color. I share more in that thread. Every painting is a learning experience, and these are no exception.

I didn’t quite finish the one w/o a background….

Thomas

vegaskip

They look good to me, really just need ‘polishing off’. You have made a good job of the aluminium finish. Practice Practice.
                                            Jim

tmwilliams

Thank you. Practice indeed!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.