Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events wde 1-18-19 Cat value sketch

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    ams

I decided to try a value study of the cat. I used digital pencil in Artrage and did a little bit of softening at the end with the palette knife.

2400 x 3000 pixels (8″ x 10″), about an hour.

Anne

Anne
        C & C always welcome.
        https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

ConnieT

This is terrific, Anne. I’m excited to see that Artrage gives you the tools for a value sketch such as this. Thanks for doing the challenge and showing us such a marvelous sketch. It would work well as a preliminary study for any medium you wanted to take it to; and it stands beautifully on its own.

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

It looks so soft and fluffy! Very nice work!

Wendy C&C always welcome
            Everybody likes feedback! Please remember to comment on others' threads, even if it's just a "nice work" post.

Joanne_N

Aw that is adorable, I never would have guessed it was a digi. Sweet! :cat:

SAndypp

Anne he is sooo adorable. You managed to make an already cute kitten even cuter(is that a word?) I want to take him home and love him forever. You certainly have a wonderful and sensitive art style with your animals depictions regardless of the medium. Big congrats from my part.

Triduana

So much fluff! It’s a delightful sketch.

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

A fabulous feline, Anne, that looks so stealthy and sinister.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Clea
                            Delofasht

ArtRage is my favorite of the digital painting programs available. I have it on both my tablet and my computer. Pretty sure the best aspect of the program is how the tools respond to the surface texture of the “canvas”. Haven’t yet seen any other software handle buildup on the surface in a similar way yet. It really feels like filling up the tooth of paper or canvas.

Love your version of the kitty, it’s really exciting to see others trying their hand at it.

- Delo Delofasht
                                123harry

This has come out nicely. Hos solid furriness is well conveyed by your use of the pencil.

C&C always welcome.
                                    Instagram harry.hamill

Scattykat

…cool fluffy kitty, looks ready to pounce…

Scatty ....
                                        ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

artastic

Beautiful drawing

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                                            http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

tyree

wonderfully sketched Anne ! he is ready to pounce !
                                                tyree :wave:

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

individuo

Lovely kitten!! Nicely done!!

C&C are welcome as well as any corrections on my English.

lisilk

Cute little fluff ball.

C & C Always Welcome My RIL Images My Art and Photos[/URL]

She never seemed shattered; to me, she was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles she had won. - Matt Baker
                                                      Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.