Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil A couple more animal drawings

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone!

Here are two animal drawings I have finished in the past few months. Both of these drawings were commissioned by some of my friends. They are both 8″x10″ on Canson Mi-Teintes paper, using Derwent Coloursoft pencils.

Going through the art I finished this year, I realized I’ve only completed 8 “finished” works of art. I’ve done a bunch of quick sketches and doodles, but I haven’t completed much that I’m proud of. It’s not that I don’t have ideas.

My problem seems to be that I start a bunch of drawings that I never finish. I also am constantly asked by other people to do drawings for them. And they offer me money. So I agree because 1) I use all art commission money to buy more art supplies, and 2) they are normally one of my friends, and I hate turning people down. So I start the drawings for them, but end up not finishing them because of lack of motivation, the subject matter is uninteresting to me, and the reference pictures they choose are normally small and blurry. But I won’t allow myself to start anything for myself until I finish their drawings. So I go months without drawing anything.

I’ve never made a new years resolution before, but I have one this year. I want to finish more art for myself, and stop caring so much about what other people want me to do :)

ocmd123

Both are great, but I’ve got a soft spot for huskies!

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
        Instagram

Save

KaySilver

Lovely work as always, Bryanna. I like the way you’ve caught the intense gaze of the cat.

ocmd123

Both are great, but I’ve got a soft spot for huskies!

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
                Instagram

Save

ladypainter

Beautiful work. I especially love the Husky. I had one for eleven years. A wonderful pet and friend with gorgeous blue eyes like this one.

Elinor:wave:
                    "keep your own time tickin"

Pingpongfan

Both are beautiful.
                        Vena

KarenESP

I love the Husky, both are wonderful… I always wondered what it would be like to try a husky, great on the eyes. I am partial to nordic and Alaskan dogs, don’t know why.

libra

I think both portraits are beautiful!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Joan

Thank you for your comments everyone!

Boafamily

Both of these are nicely done.

rpartin

Both of your cp drawings are very nice. Thanks for showing them.
                                        Don’t let others dictate what you draw. I you want to draw a particular subject, be sure to let it be at the top of your list. The result will be your best work.

You have captured their personalities Bryanna.
                                        And as for subject matter … in my opinion … set aside some time for subjects that motivate and interest you so that you get some personal satisfaction from the project.
                                        Richard

Facebook Page brownblackandwhite
                                        artincanada.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.