Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia Orange Poppies in Brusho

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Today’s work: 7.25×7.25 Brusho watercolor crystals on Bienfang 140 lb cold press paper using new Brusho colors I did not have. Based on an older sketch these imaginary poppies came to life :thumbsup: A few touches of gouache and watercolor were added for clarity.
    C&C welcome :cool:

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

This is a wonderfully alive painting. Love all the color and it makes me happy just looking at it. Great job!

Azure

Lovely!

Christel

Shanec

Wonderful painting Kay, whilst the flowers are excellent, the out of focus/ abstraction is very appealing and something I’d like to develop more. Thanks for sharing.

Shane

https://artbyshanec.com

Monastic Bat

Great work on a very neat painting.

Regards,
            Greg.

[FONT=Century Gothic]So when is this "Old enough to know better" supposed to kick in??? :lol:

IsobelW

Beautiful!

CaliAnn

So very beautiful – love the colors, they are gorgeous!

Johndk

Oh my word! That’s stunning! It’ a delicious painting – juicy tactile colours and textures. Could have gone out of control, but your composition contains the spontaneous brushwork – it’s good art.

As long as there is light, I will paint it.

SnapV

Beautiful poppies Kay, I love the oranges!

Virginie

All C&C welcome: I want to improve!

JayJay365UK

Oh my! Those poppies really Pop!!

How did you use the Brusho, Kay… did you use frisket/masking fluid to separate the different areas?
                                You are inspiring me to get my Brusho set out again! :) :thumbsup:

Thank you all!

No, JJ, never use any masking fluid. I read another of Ward Jene Stroud’s articles in the current Watercolor Artist magazine in which he had a great tip. It was to brush water on an area you want to work on, then sprinkle the color pot crystals you want onto a small piece of paper (I used cardstock 4×6), then dust the crystals into the wet area. I was spritzing a larger area with water then putting multiple shakes of more than one color into that. It was too much, and the water was drying too fast around the edges. Besides, the crystals went everywhere. His tip is giving more control.

Kay

Stunning painting with gorgeous colors!

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Thanks Viv! I’ve been asked to do it again but larger like on a 1/2 sheet (15×22).

Kay

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.