Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily, Thursday, January 2, 2020

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Good Day friends.
    Are you adjusting to writing the new year, 2020? I just heard someone say, “1990 was thirty years ago”. For some reason I had to stop and think about that. :eek: And then others said that they still had water saved when the new century started in 2000! Anyone remember that time when some of us filled out bathtubs with water because we didn’t think that the water system was going to be able to turn over to the new year? I was one of them. :o

Well, nothing is frozen in time but some things get frozen, like these beautiful fall Oak Tree leaves. (how was that for a Segway? )

My first photographs of the NEW Year.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

G’day Lorell. Yes my son is 44 and he told me there was nothing to worry about with Y2K when the furore was raging.

I can’t see the hills on the horizon today and I’m more than 600km upwind from the smoke.

But of course, there’s plenty more dramatic photos on facebock:
    and that’s just one of the fires.

Anonymous

Hi Lorell. Lovely and delicate images.

MFI, most of us are aware of the terrible fires but we can’t begin to comprehend the magnitude of the destruction and danger. It’s not just an Australia problem – it’s a global catastrophe.

Lorell, as a contrast to your subtly colored photos, I’ll offer this one taken just outside the front door a few minutes ago…

[Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300 @ 65mm, manual 1/800 sec, f/6.3, ISO 280, ACR & PSCS5]

It may be a good candidate image for the Orton effect; I’ll try to find time to work on that.

It’s not just an Australia problem – it’s a global catastrophe.

Unfortunately so. Nero fiddled didn’t he?

Greenhill

M31 Motorway (the Hume Highway) links Melbourne and Sydney. The nearest fire ground is almost 200 miles away

MY FLICKR
            OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
            The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Mark, Peter,
            I am scared for you. I cannot imagine trying to breathe in that stuff. Once it seeps into the house, there’s nothing you can do. Any rain in sight?

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
            Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Greenhill

I’m still coughing from smoke inhalation when I shot these photos this morning. Hundreds of thousands of people across the country will most likely suffer long term respiratory problems as a result of this. Not only thousands of humans, I also think of the millions of native animals and birds that will have perished in these fires and tomorrow’s outlook is even worse. The effect on the Australian economy will be dire, especially in the agricultural sector. No rain in sight.

MY FLICKR

In Aussieland we talk of how many SydHarbs does it take to fill that hole.
                In the case of the air pollution it is that each breath is equivalent to smoking a pack of cigarettes.

Greenhill

Ordinary or e-cigarettes?

MY FLICKR

Ordinary or e-cigarettes?

Don’t be fooled. There is no difference.

Greenhill

:thumbsup:

Peter, would you believe it, yesterday as I was driving I saw a young woman in T-shirt, shorts and joggers, actually jogging along in the smoke. Makes you wonder, doesn’t it!

MY FLICKR

People have always caused me to wonder.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.