Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting The Technical Forum Girlfriend Gift Ideas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    QMM

Hey guys I came on here to get some ideas for a birthday present for my girlfriend. She will be turning 17 on the 20th and has been doing painting for a year. She has 2 artisan rolls but they don’t really fit her 15-20 brushes so I was thinking about this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/692491410/paint-brush-roll-artist-roll-paint-brush?ref=shop_home_active_3&frs=1 and I can just put her initials on it. She loves flowers and birds so that is why I picked the flower one. We also share a humanities class and she carries her oil paints in a pancake flour bin. She likes to recycle especially when she doesn’t have the budget to buy things. I was wondering though if there was a cute little oil paint holder that she can bring to school and its not too big. Like the Pancake flour tub is pretty small like 5-6 inches in diameter. She also carries paint thinner and puts it in a really tight jar so it doesn’t spill or so the smell doesn’t get out. I don’t think I can really buy something for that but just wanted to put it out there. Thank you for helping!

P.S. she loves to bake too but the flowery apron I wanted to get her was out of stock : (

AnnieA

How about a wooden paint box[/URL] that she could paint herself if she wanted to? And then you could fill it with a few tubes of paint and maybe a couple of brushes… If recycling is super important (and good for her!), you could search eBay for a wooden paint box and maybe even get her a vintage one, or one that comes with oil paint and other stuff in it already. If you go the filled box route, make sure that the paint inside is a good brand – there are a lot that have really awful paints in them.

There are other new options on the Blick site and elsewhere.

Of course, you know her best and maybe she’d prefer the brush roll, which is beautiful.

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
            [FONT=Palatino]
            “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

ilya K

I’m also thinking about some decorated bottle for medium. Not like those of perfume, but those that may be sold at artisan shows etc. looking like bottles to hold love potions of witches. :)

Ilya K
                C&C always welcome

QMM

Yeah that wood paint case would be good since she likes to paint tables and other random objects it just might be too big. The bottle idea would be nice just need to look for an air tight one

Hey QMM I don’t know what your budget is for this gift but if you get her a stainless steel solvent container[/URL] she would be very happy. And it looks like they are on sale right now.

These things are made to carry solvent and they don’t leak. It’s something really essential for any artist needing to carry around solvent for classes, plein air etc and she’ll use it forever. Get the large size.

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
                    Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

cb3

Did you buy something? Let us know. You are a good boyfriend for thinking of her in this way.

JCannon

Any artist will appreciate a quality brush. The operative word: Kolinsky. Any size.

Anonymous

Very good, just avoid getting a Peleton.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.