Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to What’s on Your Easel…October 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to WOYE October 2017…Post your works in progress here so long as they are in oils…everyone is welcome!!! :wave:

for a more complete critique post in the main forum.

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

Zooreka

Hello Keithy!
            Since this is gonna be my first ever attempt at Portraiture with Traditional Media (Oils)… This can go absolutely anywhere… Least I got this much down!!!

mtpalms

That is a great start!

Welcome to Wet Canvas too!:wave:

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

Zooreka

Thanks! =)

Tedrex

@ Zooreka
                        Your portrait looks great for a first oil attempt.

This is some local scenery I am working on, still a WIP.

OziAfricana

Great start Zooreka.

I like the harmony on your painting Tedrex.

What’s on my easel:

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home
                            My Blog

Instagram
                            anth_knight

More progress on the Jenny portrait – this one’s dragging now! Hoping for completion this week.

Like my Wheels on Canvas Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wheelsoncanvas/

anth_knight

Hair finished. Had a busy afternoon! Just the left hand to look at now…

Like my Wheels on Canvas Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wheelsoncanvas/

Zooreka

Thanks Tedrex… I actually scrapped it in the end…. see below!

Love this piece of yours…Huntsmen really set off by the green hues! =) Lovely Work! Can just see em nipping off down to the Duck n´Dive yonder for a quick Swalley!!!

Zooreka

Hair finished. Had a busy afternoon! Just the left hand to look at now…

[img]https://i.imgur.com/jVGItHv.jpg[/img]

Very nicely done!

Zooreka

As mentioned… Keith got scrapped (Went to Toronto I guess!….)

So you can imagine the dark grey mud that I was left with after giving it a good stub with some medium… I caught an image by Kevin Hill on Youtube of a Tuscan Landscape and decided to give it a go from Dark to light working backwards and employ a more traditional approach than the Bob Ross heave-ho!… This is how far it has got. I was having trouble with my medium but now think it’s sorted…. I want this to settle down and dry off a bit so I can apply a few glazes and tighten up a few areas, then just add the final details,,, Am tempted to “Fix” the flow but I think the glazes will probably get me where I want to go with it….

Oh… treaded myself to a new easel yesterday… at last!

ehh mm.. The Add image thing is NOT working here.. tried to add an image… everything greyed out Jpeg, png and bmp…

anth_knight

Some beautiful work appearing here guys! But is it me or is it a little quiet this month?
                                                    Anyhow, finished my latest this evening, barring some minor tweaks:

Only took six months :)

Anth

mtpalms

She looks great! :thumbsup:

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                                                        "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                                                        But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

pequan

that is one fantastic painting…the dress, and hands in particular…GREAT JOB

"Keep on Keepin on"
                                                            Linda/Pequan
                                                            [FONT=Book Antiqua]any and all critiques are welcomed

pequan

I noticed that there is a “main forum” if you want critiques… dumb question, how do you get to the main forum???

"Keep on Keepin on"
                                                                Linda/Pequan
                                                                [FONT=Book Antiqua]any and all critiques are welcomed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.