WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Enthusiast
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States
Re: ***Daily Wash Sunday 8th April 2012***

Happy Easter,

I have the bunnies' nest barricaded. I have not checked on them today, but Lucy tried to get into it again. From everything I read on the Internet, the mother might move them to a safer place.

I am having my oldest daughter and family over for dinner. Polish sausage with kraut from the oven, baby back ribs and wings with Tony Roma's BBQ sauce, salad, baked beans, and chocolate cream pie for dessert. I just could not make a ham this year.

Just heard from Mother, she had a fight with the night crew. I'll find out the details when I get there later today. She is so feisty.

Darla: I am so sorry that the news you received about your father was not better.

Gail: I hope that you get the pain relief you need so that you can start the rehab process.

Don: You deserve a nap today.

I will check back in the evening. Got to run, lots to do.

Nancy
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2012, 11:11 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
My days are just flying by. Yesterday my son and family were over for turkey supper and then Brian and I went to their place to babysit while they went out for the evening. I was exhausted when I went to bed at 1:00 a.m. This morning work called begging for me to go in for a nightshift tonight. It's overtime so I agreed. I won't be able to get to the taxes yet again since I now will need a nap this afternoon and I'm nights again tomorrow. Time is ticking away with those and I need to get to them. I do both my son's, daughter-in-laws and ours.

Right now the turkey carcas is boiling away in the stock pot with carrots, onions and celery. I always make a condensed broth to use for gravy with the next turkey so there is always enough to go around. It will take a few hours work to finish that. At least we have lots of yummy leftovers for lunch and supper today. Would you believe I forgot to make cranberry sauce yesterday?

Sending lots of healing vibes to Gail hoping the pain get better controlled soon.

Lots of hugs going out to everyone else who could use one.

Gotta go check on the stock pot and finish up my banking and emails. Have a great weekend everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Enthusiast
Tacoma Washington

Hails from United States

Happy Easter Washerbunnies!

Anne and I are happily on Spring Break! Spent most of yesterday traveling to get here in Sunny and warm San Diego. This is Anne’s first trip since her trip to New York for her mother’s passing, and since her own cancer diagnosis. So I want it to be a GOOD one! We’re staying at a rather posh hotel right on the waterfront in downtown San Diego. We are in a suite!! Right now, (6am) I’m in the “front” room while Annie is still sleeping in the bedroom, how posh is THAT??? I even brought a small travel palette and some post card sized paper!!

Yesterday after we got settled into our digs, we went for a walk to Seaport Village, a collection of dozens and dozens of small shops, restaurants, and entertainments.

Have not had a chance to catch up on the washes, but do know that Darla’s dad was scheduled for his biopsy on Friday. I hope the the results are good, but I do remember that the waiting and not knowing was the hardest part. Once you know (one way or the other) you can begin making plans for the next step. And even if the news is not what you want, at least you can begin doing something instead of just waiting and worrying. Hugs to Darla and all her family, I know what a horrible time this is.

I hope that Gail is doing well in recovery from her surgery as well!! I know Dan will be worried about her until she’s back on her feet!! ( and us too!)

Annie I certainly hope the scrub turkeys do not like your onions or garlic!! Roasted chook sounds delish!

Nola of the fishies…I hope that your broadband thingamagizmo works and we won’t have to do without for the long winter!! AND you could post pictures of all the great catches!!

Bill Ms feral is still being feral eh? Careful of those sharp teeth and claws!! Better get cracking on those taxes too!! I’m spending our refund this week!

LuLu, Sounds like you and John are having a grand time with Doug and Ruth! Of COURSE we are all jealous….of you and John AND Doug and Ruth!! It will be over too soon for both parties!

HI JJ, will have to look to see your trip report, I hope you had a fabulous time!! I’m sure there were “”JJ adventures” galore!!

Sylvia, those are magnificent skewers!! I’m sure the meal lived up to expectations!!

Don, making music is certainly making art!! And I know how you feel about hats…the more battered and abused they look the more they are loved!! Looks like you’re enjoying yourself and sometimes that’s the most important part!!

Uschi sounds like you have a great Easter planned!!

Char you too! Brunch after lunch…what a concept!!

Ona! How wonderful to see you in the wash again!!

I hear my Annie stirring in the bedroom so perhaps it’s time to go out to breakfast!

Back from a pretty good breakfast..a bit crowded and LOTS of families with small kids here….so lots of running kidlets to avoid beneath your feet!!

Uschi, from your report it sounds like Gail is not doing too well…Hope that changes for the better very soon!

Lynn, it’s nice that you have the ability to entertain at your new place! Let us know how the cookies do!!

Nancy it sounds like you’ll have a pretty full day!! Do you have a wild bunny nesting in your yard?

Ellen…sounds like you are even busier than your usual self! That is almost hard to imagine!! Hope you manage to stay well through so much stress! Working graveyard shift is such a stress all on it’s own!! I did it for 32 years and remember those days (and am glad they are past now!)

Anne has some ideas for our day, perhaps a boat tour of the harbor and a bus tour of
the city! Also a call to a spa to see if they are open today! Oooooh maybe a massage!!

I’ll try to catch up on the washes today if we stay in at all…but with all of San Diego to explore I’m not sure!!
hap
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Enthusiast
Southwest Georgia (Columbus) on the banks of the Chattahoochee River

Hails from United States

"Yesterday after we got settled into our digs, we went for a walk to Seaport Village, a collection of dozens and dozens of small shops, restaurants, and entertainments. "

Hap, I like San Diego a lot and the Navy used to send me there often. Many is the time I left Georgia on an afternoon flight and arrived in San Diego about 9 PM west coast time, and was back on my way to Georgia on Sunday afternoon of that same weekend. I used to be part of a team from NAVSEA that would do ship inspections. When I spent an entire 2 weeks there, I would almost always go to Seaport Village for a meal, walk around to the various shops, and just relax. Old Town was kind of fun as well. I like SD much more than LA... just seems to have more character. I wish my SIL had been sent there instead of LA, although there is also a lot to see and do in LA as well.

Nancy, I do hope to get a nap, but with friends showing up at 1 this afternoon, I expect it will be too late by the time they leave. We do plan to have an enjoyable afternoon with them.

Annie, sounds like a great meal in the making. DW has bought a honey-baked ham for dinner today, and is making some side dishes. To be honest, ham is not one of my favorites, although I do like ham sandwiches.

Lulu, I have never posted anything on youtube. I have some clips of some songs from my CDs on CD Baby, but no videos recorded, at least that I have put on youtube anyway.

Char, if I knew where to start, I would love to do a self portrait of me playing. Maybe one day... I might could do a passable pencil sketch though.

Getting later and friends arriving soon. Hope all are enjoying the weekend.

#20   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2012, 01:21 PM
WC! Guide
Michigan

Hails from United States

Happy Easter to Everyone who celebrates.

We are having ham, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, tossed salad and peanut butter pie for dessert! Just Jen the girls and Larry and I. Matt is working out of town and doesn't even get today off. We miss him.

It was SO GORGEOUS out yesterday and we were babysitting the girls so we took Klaira outside. She loves being outside...and the fresh air is so good for her. The girls played some catch and batting with their Papa.

Kaitlyn is having Easter dinner at her boyfriends house...her Mom is kind of sad....she's growing up so fast.

I talked to Mom yesterday and she said that Dad had a better day yesterday...he even sat up and watched some TV with her.

I have to run now as I'm in the middle of baking....have a WONDERFUL DAY everyone and while I've read all your posts I don't have time to respond to all individually.

I do however want to send (((GAIL))) to you and I hope the pain tapers off real soon.

G'day

Painting should be a happy experience, not a pressured activity. No artist can paint a masterpiece every time he paints.” ~Lian Quan Zhen -
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2012, 04:14 PM
A WC! Legend
Wigan Lancashire England

Hails from England

EVENING WASHGANGEROOS!!

A HAPPY AND HOLY EASTER TO ALL

Just popping in - I have recorded a film for SWMBO so need to go and put it on for her - it's called Life Is Beautiful - if you haven't seen it I would highly recommend it. It is subtitled (but Mum has subtitles on the TV anyway) but I find that doesn't detract from either the comedy or the pathos.

Am not a happy bunny at the moment - just noticed on FB that my nephews daughter Carla has sent a thank you to her Granny in Ireland for the money she sent for Easter. We here are still waiting to hear from either her or her brother to say thank you for the eggs that me - Mum and their Grandad bought them.

I may sound old fashioned but I was brought up to thank people whenever I got any presents whether they be for Easter or Christmas. We would either write a letter or phone the person - I brought Jamie up the same. Am really annoyed but am going to give them the benefit of the doubt until tomorrow and if we still haven't heard then I will be having words.

Good manners cost nothing!!!

Am going to finish off by saying..........What Hap said....(good old Hap - what would I do without you.... )

LUGGLES

Pat xxx
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2012, 06:33 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Hi everyone... we never did get any rain and the sun shone brilliantly... our brunch was delish!! I couldn't possibly have tried everything on the buffet, there was so much...

My Sister and her husband stopped in here before they headed back to Waterford... a nice visit that was a little less noisy than the big dining hall...

Our eldest called to wish us a Happy Easter and that was really nice, too... he usually forgets... Army Son is still in France...

And, surprise of surprises... Gail's husband, Dan, called to say that she went for a walk this afternoon! Her Dr. came in to see her this morning, changed her meds and she's off and running! She even climbed some stairs! We were planning on making the 3 hour drive to Toronto, but Dan thinks she'll be released tomorrow! That's such GOOD news!

Ethan knows what side his bread is buttered on, Uschi!

Your plans for Easter dinner sound really nice, Lynn... you'll have to let us know how your cookies turned out...

It may not be traditional, but your dinner sounds great too, Nancy! ((hugs)) having to deal with your Mom's *stuff*...

I'll bet your broth is just wonderful, Ellen... it always smells divine when it's boiling away... BTW... I've been meaning to say that I think you were right to turn down those commissions...

Oh, you're having such a great Spring Break, Hap!

Darla... I'm sure you felt a little better knowing that your Dad had a better day... ((hugs)) You'll have to post your peanut butter pie recipe...

Pat, good manners seem to be suffering everywhere...

Well... I just logged in so I could share Gail's good news... and, of course, I am just a tad nosey... Have a wonderful evening/morning everyone!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2012, 11:45 PM
A Local Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Thanks for that news, Char....I guess I'm nosy too! on the way to bed but just had to check in. Way to go, Gail!!!