Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    D’Lady

Has anyone here opened an account with VIDA and used your art to create a product through them?

If so, can you share some of your experience and thoughts about it?

-DragonLady

Which would be the bigger waste:
        your art supplies, or your creative soul?

members

A lawyer wrote this about VIDA. https://theartistsjd.com/vida-tos/

D’Lady

A very helpful link. Thank-you!

-DragonLady

Harold Roth

Wow, thanks for posting that. Also, that site looks like a good find in general.

EyeSpy

I received an invitation to join Vida, earlier this year. I had questions, so responded — in detail — to their invite. Instead of answering my questions, I received a form letter. Here’s the bulk of it —

It’s great to hear from you. We’re excited that you are interested in collaborating with us.
                        If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.
                        We’re very excited to see your artwork and to partner with you on launching your VIDA collection.

What??? At that point, I offered a firm version of ‘never mind’, and received this —

Thanks for getting back to us.
                        I have removed your name and email address from our contact list. We apologize if we have caused any frustration. We wish you the best in all of your future endeavors.

VIDA Design Team

As I said to them at the time, ‘Laughable.’ Only it wasn’t funny . . . really. I can only imagine the nightmare of trying to work with them on a day-to-day basis. No thanks — I’ve got problems enough, already!

My Fine Art Prints - Paper, Framed, Canvas, Acrylic, Metal.[/url]
                        Website - Information and portfolio.[/URL]

members

EyeSpy, love their reply to your questions! “It’s great to hear from you. We’re excited that you are interested in collaborating with us. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.”

LOL, nothing like asking a question only to be ‘answered’ by something like that!

D’Lady

I wrote to ask how and where they heard from me, and got a very polite, coherent response, but no answer -just “my colleague found you”.

I suppose I could’ve been interested, but not after reading the TOC.

-DragonLady

Davkin

I received a very nice and complimentary email from them as well a few months ago. Then I looked at their website and concluded they’d never even looked at my art, I’m no women’s fashion designer.

David

D’Lady

I received a very nice and complimentary email from them as well a few months ago. Then I looked at their website and concluded they’d never even looked at my art, I’m no women’s fashion designer.

Oh, I wouldn’t be surprised they thought your art would look good on their scarves and such.

I would be tempted to buy some of their items, if they had more artists sign up. But I’m sure it’s not just me that is put off by their terms.

-DragonLady

EyeSpy

EyeSpy, love their reply to your questions! [I]“It’s great to hear from you. We’re excited that you are interested in collaborating with us. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.”[/I]

LOL, nothing like asking a question only to be ‘answered’ by something like that!

Indeed! Made me wonder if, while working with them, that would be the standard answer to any question. I ain’t got time for that! :lol:

My Fine Art Prints - Paper, Framed, Canvas, Acrylic, Metal.[/url]
                                            Website - Information and portfolio.[/URL]

BitsOfNature

A lawyer wrote this about VIDA. [url]https://theartistsjd.com/vida-tos/[/url]

Well, after reading this I’m sure going to pay more attention to terms and conditions — including re-reading soe for services I already am siged up with!

Regards,
                                                Dale

Dale Hoopingarner
                                                Scanner Photography Artist
                                                http://www.BitsOfNature.biz
                                                http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/23-Feb-2007/102085-sig-bitsofnature468x60.gif

VA_Artist

They sent me an email inviting me to join. I read the terms and was shocked. Perpetual, broad-reaching, exclusive license — which they can resell btw, commission based on an unknown net instead of retail, etc.

Delete.

http://www.TrishaAdams.com
                                                    Instagram: TrishaAdamsArtist
                                                    Pinterest: Trisha Adams, Artist

artbymdp

I receive VIDA emails almost monthly. I ignore them all.

I would be careful. I too, got one of those emails and responded by asking what pieces they were looking at because I could not envision any of my work looking good on scarves or Tshirts…I got the canned answer and then I read their terms. They make and track sales (if any) and you get pennies on the dollar and the only way you know they have sold anything is if they tell you. I asked to be taken off their email list.

Debbie
                                                        C&C welcomed and appreciated...

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                      • The topic ‘VIDA Design Studio?’ is closed to new replies.