Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics March 2018 Different Strokes Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    Mayfly

WELCOME TO THE MARCH 2018 DIFFERENT STROKES CHALLENGE

Great job by everyone in the February challenge. And a big collective thank you to Margaretta for hosting and giving us a really fun challenge!!!!!

If you would like to host a Different Strokes, please see https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show….php?t=130251

Please read the guidelines below carefully.

GUIDELINES:

All entries must be for this challenge and in acrylics – any type of acrylic.

Join in the discussion about the project – it’s friendly and fun to learn how others are coping/struggling/thriving!!! But no visual images!

Help can be gained from asking but also from looking for resource materials elsewhere – the RIL e.g. A ‘reveal’ date for all is 21st of the month – that gives us 3 weeks to make the work, plus an extra week for latecomers. Interpret the ideas any way you wish – be inventive, realistic, influenced by another style or ‘…ism’ – it’s up to you!

PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD WORKS TO THE THREAD BEFORE THE 21ST OF THE MONTH. Much more exciting and fun to see what ‘masterpieces’ appear! If work is uploaded early it will be moved to a safe place until 21st.

At the end of the month the thread /discussion will be closed and a new challenge will begin.

**Please note, the single ‘reveal’ date is chosen so that we do not influence each other with our individual interpretations ……that’s the whole point of it being called ‘Different Strokes’!

By all means ask questions in the thread or initiate discussion about the challenge – just don’t post images!!!

March 2018 Challenge…..

Your Favorite Quote

The challenge this month is to capture what your favorite quote means to you in a painting.

For example, imagine what you could/would paint if this was your favorite quote:

“Keep your face to the sunshine and you can never see the shadow.”
        – Helen Keller

Do more than one if you want!!!! Please include the quote with your challenge entry or in the painting itself.
        New Rule – Para 4(a) c.1 (add) – Your quote must be attributed to a specific person (named) that said the quote as inspiration for your painting submittal. :cool:

Have fun, create, and enjoy your painting challenge!

Cheers!!

PS – Subscribe to the thread to keep up with the flow!

Carl

talisman

Great Idea!
            Now to think of the quote!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
            C and C always welcome.
            My DeviantArt Gallery

Margaretta

Oh yes! What a relief! Thank Goodness it’s not Thermodynamics!!
                Thank you Mayfly! I remember very few quotes but there is one in particular….:cat: How to represent that will certainly be a challenge!:eek:

Through striving, to the stars.:confused:

bluefish

that quote would make a great painting…..”thank goodness, it’s not Thermodynamics”……:clap: :wave:

Now that’s a good idea Carl! Thank you …. was so afraid you might have given us a style I hated!!!

Mmmmmm … thinking cap on …..

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Mayfly

…. was so afraid you might have given us a style I hated!!!

Indeed, it was certainly on my top three challenge list options.:smug:

Carl

:lol: ………. we can arrange a lobotomy before your next round of hosting …….. where’s Bill?:evil::evil:

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

bluefish

he’s busy purchasing all those ‘cute’ new outfits…..:angel: :lol: :wave:

Attalus

he’s busy purchasing all those ‘cute’ new outfits…..:angel: :lol: :wave:

That’s this weekend. Dallas Galleria and staying overnight in the Westin Galleria. NOT looking forward to it. :crying:

*Thinking of favorite quote that is paintable”

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

Old_hobbyest

Hey I just found a great quote by one of the legendary thermodynamicists ever!
                                    “It is now necessary for the general public to embrace and support the critical issues of thermalisation of quantum systems.”
                                    I’ll be working this into a major work of art especially for WC Challenge Mar 2018.
                                    Wish me luck!

An afterthought. We just gotta make these challenges MORE DIFFICULT!

WoodyWelch

” I’M NOT BAD….I’M JUST DRAWN THAT WAY!” – JESSICA RABBIT. I will work up a realistic Jessica Rabbit posing next to the cartoon one so I’ll have TWO images, one cartoon and one realistic in the same piece. She will probably be holding the cartoon drawing or posing next to a framed cartoon drawing by a bedside….something like that. Yep….that’s what I’m gonna do. :cool:

Boafamily

Good one Woody… I can’t wait to see this!

bluefish

good one Jim….maybe Margaretta will join in on the ‘quantum systems’ part…I think that may be her specialty…..:smug: :lol: :wave:

WoodyWelch

Good one Woody… I can’t wait to see this![/quot

I can’t wait to do it!!! :lol:

My brain is “taxed” out! I have been doing taxes (income). I would rather be painting, so maybe I can give this some thought! :)

[FONT=Lucida Calligraphy]Let your smile reach your eyes, keep your words always kind, and remember......love opens all doors.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 273 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.