WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Photography > The Shutterbug Pub
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 12:31 AM
WC! Guide
Chattanooga, TN

Hails from United States
Shutterbug Daily, Wednesday, May 2, 2012

photo ref for painting 11

now the uploader says I am a bad influence again, so that's all for ytonite, see ya in the morning

life is good

greg

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Enthusiast
Southwest Georgia (Columbus) on the banks of the Chattahoochee River

Hails from United States
Re: Shutterbug Daily, Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Good morning Greg and those to follow. WC was very slow last night for me, and I heard similar comments over on the watercolor forum. Seems to be OK this morning though.

I stayed up too late last night and am running late. Gotta get to work.

everyone.

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Sterling Heights, Michigan

Hails from United States

Good morning Greg and Don.

Greg, Are you going to use oils for painting number 11? Have you finished that one?

It is suppose to get in the low 80's today but rain storms also forcasted. I need to do a little shopping for supplies for a wedding cake I will be making next weekend.

We have activity in two birdhouses again this year. It is so neat to look inside the houses. They have them packed so tightly with STUFF. It looks real cozy though. This house is eye level even for me and I am only 5' 1"! The birds don't seem to mind.

"What we do during our working hours determines what we have; what we do during our leisure hours determines what we are. " - George Eastman
Nikon D5100, 16-300mm Tamron lens, Tamron 90mm Macro lens
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 09:05 AM
WC! Guide
Chattanooga, TN

Hails from United States

Good morning again. Yes Lorell, I am posting the oil paintings in the oil forum at the same time I am posting original ref photos here.

When I post the photos in oils, some viewers will comment "it doesn't look the same" and think the painting is supposed to match.

oh well.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

I'll have to go check out your painting, Greg.
Lorell, the birds here do that too, it's amazing how much stuff they get in there. The wrens make me laugh, they're so small and they use such big twigs.
Don I was up late last night too, then was woken up by the storm alarm at 4am. I listened to it was going to keep sleeping then remembered I had washed all my lawn furniture yesterday and it was all over the place. So at 4:30 this I was running around tying my lawn furniture down.
We had a pretty good storm and it keeps circling around but we didn't get the 60mph winds they were predicting so that's good.
My husband has to drive across Iowa to Des Moines so I hope it calms down.

Yesterday I decided to copy all my older photos on cd's to another external hard drive. I started with 2003, the first year I had a digital and made it up to 2006. I lost most of my references from 2007 to 2010 but that's okay, the important ones of family I had copies of.

This photo from 2003 is of the old pier in the village of Crystal Beach that I grew up in.

And a sunset from Fort Drum in Northern NY. This image is unaltered at all, the sky was on fire.

#6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 11:45 AM
WC! Guide
Chattanooga, TN

Hails from United States

What a wonderful sunset!

Checked out the link for Crystal beach. I spent 20 years in upstate NY (Rochester, then moved to Wolcott) and I remember the time there fondly. never made it to that park, but enjoyed others, now long gone.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 04:49 PM
USA

Hails from United States

Cute bird shot Luv ...i have a birdhouse about 5 feet from my home workspace and this is the first year there are no inhabitants. There was one little guy that I thought was going to start building a nest but after a few visits he just vaished...not sure if the wasps threatening to build there nest in there scared him off..now it's just empty

And V....that sky is pure fire!

Mine, a cali cow ...pastures are waterfront properties!
Attached Images

#8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Enthusiast
Southwest Georgia (Columbus) on the banks of the Chattahoochee River

Hails from United States

Hi shutterbugs - home from work but haven't had dinner yet.

Nice sunset! I've been to Ft. Drum a couple of times. My SIL was stationed there and my son is there now. We drove once and flew once. Took us 2 days to drive it, but we were helping them move on that trip.

I have one of those weather radios with the alarm, but I got tired of it waking me up when bad weather was in the area, so I turned it off. Yeah, I know... what is the use of having it if you aren't going to use it?

No rain in the forecast here, at least that I know of, but it is a bit warm. Right now it is 87.

Don't know if I mentioned it before, but a limb fell on my camper A/C and broke the shroud. I ordered a new one and it arrived yesterday, so I went ahead and climbed up there to get it installed. I think my camper is ready for the trip to Texas in a few weeks. Looking forward to that trip. Been going since 2005. I'll get to see several of my Texas friends and play a lot of music while there.

Hope everyone has had a good one today.

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 07:16 PM
WC! Guide
Chattanooga, TN

Hails from United States

reference photo for painting 12 (after PS8 manipulation)

original photo.

ref photo for painting 14 after manip in PS8

original photo

hope alll of you visit the Oil Forum to see these paintings as they are posted. Thanx

Life is Good

Greg
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 07:31 PM
WC! Guide
Chattanooga, TN

Hails from United States

ref photo for painting 15

that's enough for today
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

I like the Cali Cow, those commercials about cali cows being happy must be true!
Don, I've been known to turn the weather radio off too. I really liked Fort Drum, that was the closest we lived to my family. It only took me about three-four hours to get to Buffalo and across the bridge. I don't miss the snow though, for a Canadian, I am awfully wimpy about snow. My best to your son. And a big thank you to all your family!
Greg you are going to be so busy! Good for you, I need to get moving on some paintings.
Have a good night everyone.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Sterling Heights, Michigan

Hails from United States

Moebean,
I was so focused on the happy cow that I missed the misty mountain in the background. Lots of fence posts in there too! I can smell the fresh air, well, except for the cow manure.

Greg, I want to know, when do you find time to sleep?????

Don, don't forget about all the pictures you will be able take while in Texas.

Virginia,
These are breathtaking. However, no matter how hard I try to capture what I was seeing through the viewfinder, it is never the same. I think it must have something to do with missing the wind blowing in my face while watching the sun go down or waves rush to shore.

Well, meet the proud parents. Yes, I walked by this birdhouse today and I heard, "peep, peep, peep, peep". We got babies!
Here are the proud parents:

"What we do during our working hours determines what we have; what we do during our leisure hours determines what we are. " - George Eastman
Nikon D5100, 16-300mm Tamron lens, Tamron 90mm Macro lens