WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Figure, The
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-23-2012, 04:25 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Spirit Day Figure...Gettin my wings :)

Well, I hope the site issues may be about over....

So, here is my most recent effort...I've haven't been able to paint for some time..this is my Spirit Day painting from this past Saturday...

24 inches x 36 inches

oil on linen

Awakening

all your thoughts welcome...
thanks for looking
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog

Last edited by !becca : 10-23-2012 at 04:27 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-23-2012, 06:44 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia
Re: Spirit Day Figure...Gettin my wings :)

Great work here Becc , I love the concept and colors used ... can't wait to get my own set of wings ....one day !! At the moment I'm just to naughty to get them just yet ....;-)
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-23-2012, 06:48 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: Spirit Day Figure...Gettin my wings :)

Thank you gf! the wings aren't for purity...here is what I posted in my blog a while back...

"In my mind I have come to imagine the sprouting of wings for my figures....and interestingly came across this writing today...

"I can feel the beauty, tenderness, and freedom of healing. Pain feels like a fast stab wound to the heart. But then healing feels like the wind against your face when you are spreading your wings and flying through the air! We may not have wings growing out of our backs, but healing is the closest thing that will give us that wind against our faces.”
― C. JoyBell C.

I kind of agree, but don't see why there can't be wings."

and, I'm glad you like my colors, used a completely new palette for me, and loved it.

my palette...really unique for me and I loved it..

Cad Yellow, lemon.
Cad Red, light
Aliz Crimson
Cobalt turquoise
Cobalt violet
Ultramarine violet
Cerulean Blue
Raw Sienna
White, titanium
Ultramarine Blue, deep
No black this time
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog

Last edited by !becca : 10-23-2012 at 07:02 AM.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-23-2012, 09:21 PM

Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: Spirit Day Figure...Gettin my wings :)

Wow, those arms are long! Imagine her standing up--those things would hang down to her knees.

That ribbon of blue running down the right edge of her arm is out of context. There's nothing that color before her in the picture that ought to be reflecting on her skin that way. An edge of darker blue shadow on the other side of her arm (the back edge) would have made more sense, given the blue wings that are right there. But having an out-of-context color that's so bright on the foremost image of the picture feels awkward to the eye.

Last edited by MattOKC : 10-23-2012 at 09:24 PM.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-23-2012, 09:26 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

thanks
Becca's Fine Art my blog

Last edited by !becca : 10-23-2012 at 10:19 PM.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-24-2012, 03:51 AM
A Local Legend
Kolkata, India

Hails from India

This is an arresting visual Becca... wonderfully painted. Apparently sketchy, yet fully descriptive of her elegant form. But beyond all of that... its the strong visual communication that's coming through, the image... those wings, the pose, a sense of sweet melancholia... tends to linger in the mind.

#7   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-24-2012, 05:26 AM
south coast Australia

Hails from Australia

Very nicely painted, Becca. I do like the way the blues are included to give a unified feel to this. Your paintings are always infused with the personal- that's for sure!

#8   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-24-2012, 07:43 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Roy, thank you for your kindness, and I am so pleased my painting has such impact for you...

Bethany, thank you as well, I'm glad you like the blues here andit is so difficult as artists not it infuse ourselves into whatever we do...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Lord of the Arts
Pine Bush, NY-About 90 miles NW OF NYC

Hails from United States

I LIKE THIS VERY MUCH!!!
Very colorful and very nice!!
art

AJC DESIGN STUDIOS
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-24-2012, 03:10 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

art. thank you ever so much for commenting.
Becca's Fine Art my blog