Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art A Gift from a Selkie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Come, sit yourself down dearies. Fancy a nibble? Nothing like a bit of fresh wolf’s brains. The Medulla goes down a treat with a pinch of caviar. What, I’m not quite what you expected? I’m not surprised. The stuff you hear of my kind nowadays, all that talk of sealskins and raven haired lasses playing housewife to horny fishermen?

Cute, if you’re into that sort of thing. But the older tales, that’s where we really shined. Any loud mouthed boor who crossed us, we’d make off with his sheep, rip the fluffy buggers limb from limb. Or we might just coax the fool into the foam then drag him to the dankest depths of the North Atlantic.

Now are you going to eat your wolf’s brains or not? It’s bad form to cross your host.

My Deviantart Page: https://www.deviantart.com/crabbit-minger

C&C always appreciated.

talisman

Cool artwork and story.
        Most old tales are so much darker than the “modern” versions.

Oh and yes, I’d like some wolf’s brain any mead to wash it down with?

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
        C and C always welcome.
        My DeviantArt Gallery

Cool artwork and story.
        Most old tales are so much darker than the “modern” versions.

Oh and yes, I’d like some wolf’s brain any mead to wash it down with?

I’m afraid you’re out of luck dear. We’ve only got a bit of Jellyfish. I’m partial to the Portuguese Man O’War myself.

If you think this is grim you ought to read the Scottish version of Cinderella. The Fairy God Mother’s a red calf who tells Cindy to butcher the Ugly Step Sister with a scythe.

C&C always appreciated.

This is really good. Wonderful colorful imagery and your way with words makes it even better!

As I kid I loved the older gorier stories. Still do prefer them.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

Very nice work. Please tell us about medium and size.

I have read about some of the original fairy tales. Some were stories mothers told their daughters to warn them about men. No Prince Charming in those stories.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
        Every painting is a new adventure.

Very nice work. Please tell us about medium and size.

I have read about some of the original fairy tales. Some were stories mothers told their daughters to warn them about men. No Prince Charming in those stories.

I used 7 X 5 inch watercolour paper, and used watercolour inks for most of it. However I added a touch of white watercolour paint for the highlights, to make the image ‘pop’ a little better.

C&C always appreciated.

Boafamily

Nicely done.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.