Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Finally finished thanks for the help

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    AWC123

Took me forever to finish this one. Years ago I posted here and received a lot of help in the initial phases. Thank you. To be fair this has been sitting for 4 months and still needs varnish so maybe not completely finished. My process has changed a bit and I paint quicker now which is a relief. Best wishes to all and if you helped me in the past thanks again.

bhindi

Wow! Those toes are beautifully painted. What size is this?

AWC123

I like that you noticed the toes. Fingers and toes are tough for me for some reason, so thank you. It’s a wood panel from Lowe’s that I think is cut to roughly 3.5’ x 3.5’.

bhindi

You’ve done really great. I don’t know too many artists for whom fingers are toes are easy to do. It is the one thing I stare at long in old masters’ paintings. 3.5′ square panel sounds a little heavy.

Freesail

Very nice, what size is the painting ?

Solvent = Leaner Oil = Fatter Drawing is the basis of art. A bad painter cannot draw. But one who draws well can always paint. (Arshile Gorky)
                        Trond

I like the way the figure stands out from the background. Very nice!

🤟🏻

This is beautifully done!

Paul Moreau
                                Insta @pmoreau_fine_art
                                FB @pmoreaufineart

AWC123

Thanks all, I checked the size when I got home it’s 2’x2’ my guess was a bit off. The wood panel is pretty thin like a 1/4” so it’s not very heavy. However it did seem to warp slightly and there is one spot that kind of raised up like it separated a bit. Any way I have other wood panels that are a 1/2” think and they seem to hold up a bit better.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.