Home Forums Explore Subjects Florals and Botanical June Plant Parade Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author

Welcome to the JUNE Plant Parade Challenge.

This Month I’m Hosting the Challenge, and I thought since June is the month of the Roses, that we could try some roses. Sure hope you like my choice. You may use any medium of your choice. You have until the 25th of June, which is the reveal date.

As for an extra challenge you may want to try abstract roses or roses in a vase or a rose bush. It’s up to you to come up with whatever creation you like.

From Crias

from my own bouquet

From Kay

From Virginia VMr

From Yorky

from Estoildusoir

LIL

Ah roses! Who doesnt love roses! A beautiful choice of subject Lil, thanks for hosting!

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Thanks Lil – and timely!
    I should be able to do two challenges in one here because it will fit the Acrylic challenge this month :smug:
    I already have a big painting of that first rose by Crias – done years ago!:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Hi Vivien and Maureen, glad you like this month’s choices. Roses are quite a challenge for me but want to try them too. Meanwhile enjoy whatever you have planned.

LIL

I also love roses and I’ve decided on a plain yellow one:cat:

Christel

Lil – did you ask me about my avatar rose somewhere?
    It’s called Stacey’s rose because the reference was given by her – I think her username now is Butterfly Studios ….. it’s about 10×8″ and done in acrylic inks.
    If I can find the file/thread I’ll link.:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

eyepaint

Thanks for the wonderful photos!

-- EP Moderator for:
        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Triduana

I’ve sketched roses but I’ve never tried to paint one! I’d like to join in. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Ohhh Wow, Im in for this month…. what lovely reference photo’s.

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. (Thomas Merton)
            CC Most Welcome

Lil – did you ask me about my avatar rose somewhere?
            It’s called Stacey’s rose because the reference was given by her – I think her username now is Butterfly Studios ….. it’s about 10×8″ and done in acrylic inks.
            If I can find the file/thread I’ll link.:)

Maureen, can’t remember but thanks for your reply. I know you’ll paint a lovely rose or roses this month but we have to wait. Are acrylic inks easy to handle? I’ve never used them.

LIL

Yes, lovely to use! ……… use like watercolours for effects but dry permanent – bright colours.:)

Cheers, Maureen

Roses are a great choice, Lil, somewhat difficult to do, due to the flat petals but are one of my favorites.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Ladysue

Great choice! I’ll try a looser, more abstract version perhaps. It’ll be fun to push that creative muscles.

Thank you for the ref pics, they look great!

Ladysue

Maureen, I just may try some acrylic inks to see what I can create.
                Thanks Kay, glad you like my choices. I find roses challenging too.
                Ladysue, will be waiting to see your roses too.

LIL

Lil – if you do, look for a starter set of Magic Color inks – they’re my favourites!
                You should be able to get them in the States.

Cheers, Maureen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.