Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Eyes of Blue (Xpost on Animal and Wildlife Subjects)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    anniecanjump

Work In Progress. Hi everyone. I am presently working on a beautiful cat portrait. It has a very interesting perspective and I am hoping to enter it in a local art competition this month. I normally work on mat board, but I am doing this one on 110 lb paper. It is 11×14. Still using my beloved Prismacolor pencils. Picture ref. is from Pixabay.

Peggy
        My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

http://petportraitsbypeggy.weebly.com/

smudged-blue

Love those eyes, great details and beautiful color.
            It will be a treat to watch this one come together :cat: .

Sonia.
            My photos available as reference
            "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." ~ George Bernard Shaw.

KJSieloff

Oh my goodness…I can’t wait to see this one done!

Kathy Sieloff
                My Website

Jon

Beautiful eyes.

KareBear94

Great start, the eyes are beautifully done:)

Skappy

Beautiful start!

Pingpongfan

Looking great. It s quite a big piece. Is the cat across the 11″? If so, how big are the eyes … 3″ or smaller. Can you get in more detail when you work this big?
                                Vena

anniecanjump

Good afternoon everyone. I was able to get a bit more done on this and I am really please with it. I haven’t used this paper for a long time but may have to do a few more on it as I am loving working on it. It has just the right amount of texture for the pencil. I am using Brush and Pencils titanium white for the fine hair details over the dark areas.

Thanks for taking the time to stop in and comment, Sonia, Kathy, Jon, KareBear94, Robert, and Vena. Vena, the cats face will take up most of the paper but the paw/leg will show in the left corner as the cat is lying down. Yes, the eyes are roughly 3 inches and this is the reason I love doing super close ups so that I can get as much detail as possible, it is actually easier to do the details.

Peggy

KareBear94

This is coming along nicely, can’t wait to see the finished result :)

anniecanjump

Thank you KareBear94.

Sometimes I work on a portrait that just seems to flow. This is one of them. I love looking into these eyes everyday, eyes can say more than words ever could. They say they are the windows of the soul.

Peggy

Sarah

Absolutely stunning!

sarahrosefineart.com

anniecanjump

Thank you Sarah Rose.

The unusual perspective is coming into view. I thought the photo reference was fabulous and knew that I had to draw it. I love drawing things with lots of colors, textures and unusual perspectives.

Peggy

yahya sryio

Great…

Painting is jealous, and requires the whole man to herself. Michael Angelo
                                                        anniecanjump

Thank you yahya sryio.

I am now working up the leg adding fine flyaway hairs with my Brush and Pencil titanium white and touch up texture. It is a must have for colored pencil work.

Peggy

anniecanjump

Almost finished this beauty. I will spend a day tweaking it a bit then post it one final time all finished.

Peggy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.