Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Darkroom Pippin in B&W

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Taken yesterday afternoon, processed this morning…

I ran it through Nik Software’s Silver Efex and will try my own manual processing later, but I suspect I won’t be able to improve on what Nik did.

C&C is always welcome.

Irishwhistler

Taken yesterday afternoon, processed this morning…

[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/31-Jan-2018/23514-2018-01-30_Pippin-B-W_IMG_7185-c00-msilverFX01-B_800w-72-100.jpg[/IMG]

I ran it through Nik Software’s Silver Efex and will try my own manual processing later, but I suspect I won’t be able to improve on what Nik did.

C&C is always welcome.

Great photograph Dave.👍

Mikey🍀

Anonymous

Thank you, sir.

I’ve looked at this B&W version and the full color (if you can use “full color” to describe a white dog) one I posted in the Daily, trying to decide which I prefer.

I’m leaning towards the B&W.

To get them together in one thread in case anybody wants to compare them I’ve added the color version below – there isn’t all that much difference.

This is an awesome image. You took advantage of fantastic lighting creating a memorable portrait.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Anonymous

Thanks Lorell. I admit to being rather pleased with how both versions turned out.

For those who like to see the “before” version, here’s the original SOOTC shot…

You can see that I boosted the darkness and contrast quite a bit – maybe too much since at least one responder on photography-cafe.com felt it’s too dark. I can see why he said that, but I like the extreme darkness of both adjusted versions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.